Anybody using the o2 Joggler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now have my Joggler!!!

I have her running Ubuntu NR - and all is good.

I installed the monolib1.0cli - and can now run HStouch.exe and send projects to it...

However, I get the following message all the time

"error in tmrConnect_Elapse: Has not been implemented for this platform"

I can click ok and carry on for a bit - until it happens again. Anyone know how to solve this? Ive had a goggle and not found much!

Next - is to put a media centre front end on - and get a Wintv USB card working for TV

Cheers

Mike
    Mike

If you look in the HSTouch forum there is a sticky thread about a linux client and there is a version posted in that sticky, client version .17. This for me is the most stable client and does not come up with the error message you are seeing - i'm sure that its a HSTouch error rather than a mono error as it does not come up in .17.

Rich sent me a new client .50 and whilst the error message has gone it locked up after an hour or two and he said he would test it for a bit longer and let me know if there was a problem.

I don't see a great difference to tell you the truth between .17 and .50, but my projects are quite basic (media player, some weather, some buttons and status labels...not alot more) so it depends what you have.

Give it a go and it should work for you.....

Adam

Comment

Comment

Comment

All up and running now (bar the DTV)

Am running .50 with no problems so far. Running Discas distro which seems to pick up UPNP servers very well - good for picture frame duties.

Even plays HD files from the net without stuttering - very impressed!

Should have my Hauppage DTV stick delivered tomorrow - next stop is to get DTV for the WAF.

Might also have a look at getting Windows 7 embedded on there.....

Cheers!

Mike

Comment

Mike...is this the distro you use http://www.stephenford.org/joggler/ ? Thats the one I run and ran into problems with .50 after a couple of hours (which could relate to something in my project), but if it works on another distro I might give that a go...any chance of a link?

Comment

How are you guys getting on with your Joggler's? I'm thinking about getting one. I don't currently have hstouch, just homeseer2, I guess I could still use it using the std web interface?

Comment

Comment

I've got my hands one one of these, and these little screens, which look and feel great. Which version of Mono did you guys install? Suse?

Comment

If you go into the synaptics package manager in the settings page and type mono into the search box it will bring up a list of libraries, its trial and error as to exactly which ones are needed however you should eventually find it works. You don't need to install it from the mono site (and the main mono package is already installed on the ubuntu release).

Comment

Cheers mr happy, I'll have a play today

Comment

Hi Mr Happy

Sorry for the late reply - been on holiday!

Im using discas distro (http://www.fuzzylogic.co.uk/)

Which runs .50 with out any problems for 3 weeks so far!

This distro also works really well with UPNP servers and VLC a really good solution.

Also has a brightness control for the screen.

Just need to get the TV working now - off out to buy a couple of DVB-T sticks to get it working

There is a thread about getting Win7 on the joggler - but nothing so far. That would cool getting Win7

Cheers

Mike

Comment

myabe I'll try discas distro, as the one I'm using doesn't last too long before it hangs, also got problems getting the LAN working although Wireless is fine

Comment

I certainly found Discas image to be perfect.

One hint, make a backup of the memory stick you are using before any major change - has saved my backside a few times!

I now have a Hauppage Nova-T dvb-t usb stick working brilliantly within VLC.

I am having problems with running it under My TV - i think I am hitting the thermal limit of the box (it only has a plastic heat sink) - and the joggler is going into "zombie" mode. Runs fine under VLC though...

Next stage is to get xbmc working correctly with it, and maybe do a few heatsinking mods!

Will keep everyone updated on my progress...

Cheers

Mike

Comment

How do you use a memory stick and a USB tuner in the joggler with only one USB port, simply using hub??

Comment

jogglers

I have found Disca's image is the more stable of the linux downloads but I also have a joggler with the pmj package which comes with Opera installed natively and so far no probs at all. No need for a usb stick, rapid reboot and no fears about losing power without closing down!
                                I have Jon00's touchscreen interfacing my lighting, alarm and central heating via Opera and this works quite well though it needs wall mounting.
                                There are some issues with heatsinking but I'm sure they can be overcome. It is after all operating as a touchscreen keypad and doing very little work.
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X