Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you copy something to post it later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you copy something to post it later?

Hello guys

Can someone explain to me how can I copy a window from my desktop, so that I can post it on a post? I know you use Windows Paint, but I dont remember the commands of copy and paste.

Thanks for your help
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...creenshot.mspx

Then upload the attachment with the post

~Bill

Comment

I use a program called Polyview from Polybytes. I've been using now about 15 or so years. Its inexpensive and is a great tool for cropping and doing some minor photo editing. I also use Adobe Photoshop (but its a bit overkill).

I use the ALT PRINT SCREEN key on the screen I want to capture. I then paste it into Polyview (levels above MS Paint). I crop it with Polyview; then save it. What's nice about the program is that it lets you do batch picture editing. If you have a directory of high resolution photos and you want to change the resolution on all of them at once; Polyview will let you do that. It has a nice picture browser. The same picture browser lets you print the entire folder on 8X10 sheets with small pics to let you pick what you want.

Polyview is free to try with no adware but crippled a bit.

http://www.polybytes.com/
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm a greenshot user. It's open source and works great. You can even annotate the screenshot after you capture it.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks Bill for that info, that helped, but Iam having issues with the sizes, what would be a starting point? Also do you change the sizes in "atributes"?
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thanks Pete and rmasonjr, for your ideas, Iam glad that your willing to help. Like always.
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Snagit is my preferred screen capture utility, very powerful.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                Snagit is my preferred screen capture utility, very powerful.
                I agree!
                -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Snagit here too... small, easy to use.
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I like PrintKey. The feature I use the most often is the ability to select a specific area of the screen to capture. And it's free.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Alt print screen here also.
                      FastStone Image viewer has a great quick little editor. Its free.

http://www.faststone.org/

Stuart

Comment

Gadwin Printscreen is a Freeware utility that I have found to work as well as Snagit. They have a paid version as well, but I have found the freeware version meets my needs.

It has the ability to grab an entire screenshot, active window, or selected rectangular area. It can output in many formats, and also copies to Your clipboard for immediate use.

Regards,
                        Vector

Comment

Working...
                        X