Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer wifi cam reviews

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Look at the bottom of the camera page. There's a link to the HSTouch Pan/Tilt Camera XML File
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/Wire...-P962C194.aspx
    Thanks Rupp,

    I saw that but did not know what to do with it. I will poke around...

    Where does this go?

    *** EDIT**

    Nevermind, there is a Readme in there! I guess I should have downloaded it first!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

    Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

    Comment


      So which cameras will this XML file control?
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

      Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

      Comment


        Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
        So which cameras will this XML file control?
        The one that the link is listed on.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

        Comment


          The user manual for the outdoor models says that the operating temperature is 14F to 120F. While 14F is probably about the lower limit of our winter weather, I'd hate to have a unit that doesn't function well during cold winter nights.

          Anybody using these outdoors at well below that temp? Any performance issues?

          Thanks
          matt

          Comment


            Originally posted by matt91 View Post
            The user manual for the outdoor models says that the operating temperature is 14F to 120F. While 14F is probably about the lower limit of our winter weather, I'd hate to have a unit that doesn't function well during cold winter nights.

            Anybody using these outdoors at well below that temp? Any performance issues?

            Thanks
            matt
            Mine continued to work fine last week at 2.4F.

            Comment


              Originally posted by sbuckler View Post
              Mine continued to work fine last week at 2.4F.
              Thanks. I assumed as much, but good to have a data point supporting that.

              Matt

              Comment


                I live in Canada, and while I don't have this particular camera, I have had probably 10-12 cameras go >5 years right through the winter without a hiccup due to cold. We use celcius, and it got down to about -30 C last week or so.... no problems.

                Comment


                  What is the proper way to access the camera via the web to avoid having to go thru the login screen?

                  My camera is at : http://192.168.0.75:5002

                  THANKS!

                  Comment


                    I use webcamxp to interface with the cameras for external viewing. It will interface with multiple and different style cameras as well as allow you to access them without passwords if you wish.

                    Comment


                      Bill,

                      Its easier to proxy an IP camera internally to another piece of software.

                      The proxy software does the "heavy lifting" (security et al) and gives you one IP to access multiple IP cameras.

                      IE: Say you have 4 Foscam IP Cameras. You really don't want to open up the firewall to access each of these cameras separately. Its kind of difficult to manage. Its easier if you set up one proxy inside of your network for all of the cameras. This way you can access all the cams with one IP. This works better for Homeseer and external access (WAN).
                      - Pete

                      Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                      HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
                      6.10.0.104
                      HS4 Lite -

                      X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Bill,

                        Its easier to proxy an IP camera internally to another piece of software.

                        The proxy software does the "heavy lifting" (security et al) and gives you one IP to access multiple IP cameras.

                        IE: Say you have 4 Foscam IP Cameras. You really don't want to open up the firewall to access each of these cameras separately. Its kind of difficult to manage. Its easier if you set up one proxy inside of your network for all of the cameras. This way you can access all the cams with one IP. This works better for Homeseer and external access (WAN).
                        Pete, what do you use to proxy?
                        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

                        Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

                        Comment


                          I am using Zoneminder.

                          Folks on the forum are using mostly Windows applications to manage their web cams. Have a look see.
                          Last edited by Pete; April 26, 2011, 06:46 AM.
                          - Pete

                          Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                          HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
                          6.10.0.104
                          HS4 Lite -

                          X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            I am using Zoneminder.

                            Folks on the forum are using mostly Windows applications to manage their web cams. Have a look see.
                            Pete - are you using this with HSTouch? If so, how are you integrating it?
                            Learn About HomeSeer

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X