HomeSeer wifi cam reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer wifi cam reviews

anybody have anything good or bad to say about the homeseer netcams? i couldn't find any reviews anywhere.

They just went on sale yesterday and they will start shipping to customers next week.... so no customer reviews yet.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HomeSeer Netcams???

Is there a link to the Netcams?

Thanks.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Here:
        http://store.homeseer.com/store/X-C36.aspx

Comment

Obviously Homeseer Technologies doesn't build cameras. The description looks good, and I'm sure HST has tested these, but might we perhaps know the manufacturer/model, perchance to make a more informed decision re. suitability?
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Are these color cam or black & white Cam?

Thank You

Greg Mack

Comment

These are color. We have been testing them for a couple of months now. I have the outdoor one mounted over my garage. See view from both cameras below. What is nice about these cameras is they work very well with HSTouch. We provide an XML file that will allow you to pan and tilt the indoor cam from an HSTouch screen using your own buttons.
              Attached Files

Comment

Rich,
                Could I bother you for a night time shot with the outside camera?

Thinking about adding this to my Fathers Day list.

Thanks.
                Bryan
                Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Could you also show us the difference between the wide angle (3.6mm) and Standard (6mm) Len. What do you suggest outside?

Thank You

Greg Mack

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                    Could you also show us the difference between the wide angle (3.6mm) and Standard (6mm) Len. What do you suggest outside?

Thank You

Greg Mack
                    We'll post some view from each cam/lens combo next week.

Comment

Night shot below. Note that it needs something to reflect the IR, so you can't really see the driveway, but you can see the cars. If someone walked in front of the camera you would easily see them. This camera has the 6mm lens.

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                      Rich,
                      Could I bother you for a night time shot with the outside camera?

Thinking about adding this to my Fathers Day list.

Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Night shot below. Note that it needs something to reflect the IR, so you can't really see the driveway, but you can see the cars. If someone walked in front of the camera you would easily see them. This camera has the 6mm lens.
                        Thank you!
                        Bryan

Comment

Mounting Options

Hi,

Can these cameras be mounted on a side wall with full mobility still? Also, can the camera itself be reoriented no matter where I install it? Say I install it upside down on a soffit, the video would be upside down. Can the camera physically be reoriented to accommodate this or the video flipped 180 degrees from the software?

Do you think the indoor one will be ok mounted outside under the front porch ceiling? It's more attractive then the outdoor one in a high traffic area. Is there a more conspicuous outdoor one available?

What's the resolution of the 3.6mm lens on the outdoor one?

One last question before I know if these will fit all my requirements for my house I'm building, do these just use regular DC power adapters that plug into a 110 outlet? I'm getting framing done now and need to get this done soon. I was also going to run Cat5E to the camera locations, but I might not now, do these accept cat5e though and do they support POE?

thanks,

Dale

Comment

The indoor camera looks to be the same as I have from Shenzhen Eye Sight Technology of China. The IR night vision is very good and I have been happy with the daytime color. It does not work very well in situations that have a large variation in light intensity such as sunlight through the window. The brightness and contrast are adjustable, but not dynamic.

It has motion detection capabilty, but the video field to be included in the detection cannot be selected so this results in excessive false triggers. It produces a .avi file on a local computer or FTP'd. It is about 20M file per trigger (5M nightime) and the trigger is at the start of the recording. It would have been better to have been centered as the trigger seems to have excessive latency.

The mouting can be ceiling, wall or tabletop and the video can be flipped or mirrored as necessary to have normal viewing. The WiFi has been stable and the camera has good support for networking.

Attached is the SDK
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              We provide an XML file that will allow you to pan and tilt the indoor cam from an HSTouch screen using your own buttons.
                              Great! Where can I get this XML file?
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                              X