Looking for a Wi-Fi to IR standalone solution with multiple IR ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Wi-Fi to IR standalone solution with multiple IR ports

I'm looking for a standalone wifi to ir solution with several ir ports. The Global Cache wi-fi to ir device looks like it will do what I need, but it's only got 3 ir ports. I want to run ir emitters from the ports to the devices in my home theater. I need at least 4 ports that are capable of running dual emitters. Any suggestions, or recomendations?

The WF2IR controller does support dual head emitters. You'll need to purchase 2 of them if you need to run 4 dual head emitters.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

External powered expansion ports are typically used for cases where you do not need mulit-zone (i.e. need to restrict the IR to specific equipment that could respond to the same IR commands). These typically come in 4, 8 or 16 ports and dual head emitters can double that. Xantech and Buffalo are two common names.

Comment

Yeah, I asked Global Cache tech support about using dual head emitters and adding an ir expansion port connecting block. They told me that neither option would work.

Would an ir connection block work with the Global Cache wi-fi to ir device? That would be the ideal solution.
        Last edited by ; June 2, 2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Ok, i've done some more reading and I can't see why it won't work. Correct me if i'm wrong, but can't I hook the connection block up to one of the outputs on the Global Cache WF2IR. Won't the RF signal be passed from the output on the WF2IR and split to all IR ports on the connection block?

Isn't the point of the IR connection block to amplify and split the signal?
          Last edited by ; June 2, 2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X