HVAC Automation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

completelyhis,

What kind of vent is attached to outside? How about inside? Are you using just a normal "zone" damper to choose outside / basement / return duct air?

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
      completelyhis,

What kind of vent is attached to outside? How about inside? Are you using just a normal "zone" damper to choose outside / basement / return duct air?

--Dan
      Dan,
      It's a standar hvac air vent (12" round 20"x20" square). It's always blocked with a 20"x20" piece of plywood, until this time of year when i start running the AC. Then i remove the wood, and put in a new filter. the filter is on the SE side of the house, under the gable, in the shade most of the day, and protected from rain.

at the end of the summer i toss the filter and put the plywood back.

same return air setup inside (minus the plywood, of course).

all three returns (basement, outside, upstairs) go to the return air plenum (air box), where each is connected to an RCS motorized damper, which I'm controlling with a rain8net controller.

let me know if you are interested in the logic/scripting and whatnot that goes into controlling the three intakes and all the zones throughout the house (that's where the real fun starts!)

Ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
      X