Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need product advice

Hi all,

I am realtively new to the HA world and seting up a new home in Europe. I am considering to order about 40 ZWave wall switches but having some doubts about it. Here is what I am pondering about...

1. I don't want to start a flame war but I've read some horror stories about faulty ACT wall switches taking down the whole ZWave networks. I can live with an occasional glitch or replacing 1-2 switches every couple months. But more than that would start making my life miserable not to mention the unhappy wife. I read about Cooper being a more expensive/more stable alternative but I think it is not available for Europe. Is there any other brand recommendations for Europe?

2. Since I am in Europe shipment times take twice as long and I have to pay 20% extra for the customs so ACT as the cheapest alternative sounds really nice. Does anyone have experience running ACT hardware in Europe and its stability? Did they improve lately?

3. Some people think UPB is a much more stable alternative to ZWave for lighting. Where can I find UPB hardware for European standards and what kind of controller to integrate it with HomeSeer.

4. I might be misinterpreting the specs but it seems like ACT doesn't carry wall switches with 2 rockers that can control 2 different payloads. Currently my house have some double rocker switches that control 2 diffrent payloads. How do people usually go about replacing these?

Any advice would be really appreciated

Ender

You got many alternatives now since you started this post.. check out the below options from least to most expensive.. and they are all stable:
    Duwi, Merten, MK

Comment

Working...
    X