Small speaker purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small speaker purchase

Over the last few months been updating my garage. DIY - I am not a carpenter nor plumber. This is the first plumbing (sweating copper) i've done without direct help from a plumber friend. Two sets of shutoffs (in the basement feed / outside under the sink)

I have two sets of speakers for the garage - one for loud sounds and one softer sounds. The second set of speakers are exterior speakers hung on the widest wall of the garage near the ceiling I recently installed cabinets / countertop and a small stainless steel sink in the garage. I wanted small TTS speakers under the countertop and found these to be an ideal size. Not sure on how good they will sound but they should provide me with sufficient TTS. The feed is either from the house or a TS PC going to a separate amplifier (little Radio Shack amp). The price is right (bought a "few").

Will take pictures of setup. The footprint of the speaker is small and the garage cabinets (are really kitchen cabinets) with an area under the cabinets which would work nice - IF these speakers are OK.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...SPEAKER/1.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; June 21, 2010, 11:23 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Wow a touchscreen in the garage.

Looks good Pete.
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Comment

Very nicely done, Pete...
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks guys.

Shifted to another area (adjacent) and building a kind of "golf" prep area in the last few days.

Wiring it for electric right now / Cat5 for IP cam / larger speakers.

The DS10A is hooked up to the "old" Rainbird rain sensor - for status only - works in combo with all of the other variables used for sprinkler system.
        Last edited by Pete; June 15, 2010, 12:45 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

looks great Pete.

Comment

The two "Sony" center small speakers that I purchased are a bit tinny sounding and will work for TTS. Today creating a distinct and separate MM audio zone with larger speakers and amplifier. The main floor of my home will be going to 6 zones now instead of 4; not including the family room. 4 to be managed by the Russound CAS44 and 2 not.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Good job Pete! I've just been using PC speakers.

--Dan

P.S. Happy Father's Day to you!
              Last edited by drozwood90; June 19, 2010, 09:17 PM. Reason: can't speeeeeeell
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I had pulled speaker wire (16/4) & (16/2) for "louder" sound / speakers a few years back so using those runs too. Yesterday spent most of the day bending conduit for a new electic / lighting run from the garage thru the basement. Most difficult part was from the garage inside wall to the basement via the footing/wall studs/basement ceiling.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have configured "new" small speakers. The initial sound was sourced at the mITX "Industrial" MB that I am using to drive the Touchscreen.

I noticed that the source of the poor audio was said MB with a small audio amplifier. As I've been doing some "updates" in the garage wanted to use the TS PC for streaming audio. I connected a small networked audio streaming device to the same amplifier and noticed that the audio was much better and the speakers sounded better. Before I give up on the audio being sourced at the MB will attempt utiliziing a USB external audio device. I am still working on the "louder" speakers set up in the garage. I will be utilizing externally mounted speakers. Initially tested all metal cased 5" speakers but recently (last week) purchased a pair of Russound outdoor speakers to see how they sound in the garage. This setup will be driven by either "house" zoned sound (via Russound zoned amp) or locally amplified sound. Will take pictures of completed setup.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

The PC hum and distortion is gone. Testing now but switched to an external USB sound device and a small 15W Pyle amp. The problem might have been the RS Amp causing a ground loop, bad sound from the internal audio on the mITX board.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X