X-10 Wall Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Now I'm confused. Do you have a CM11A or CM15A?
    If you have a CM11A then you need to enable the CM11A plugin.
    If you have a CM15A then you need to enable the CM15A plugin.
    You can't have 2 of these X10 interface plugins active at the same time so if one is enabled the other needs to be disabled. Looking at your prior log it may be best if you uninstall HomeSeer and then delete the left over directory structure and start over only activating the plugin(s) needed.
    As I said I have the CM11 as controller and what I was trying to do is just activate the CM11 not both but It keeps giving me Error Initializing! what should I do now? should I reinstall the program again ?`one more thing when I checked my homeseer logs there was a line in red saying : 13-7-2010 18:58:35 - Error - Initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U: Unable to open COM1
    SO ! how can I fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by alhakeem2001 View Post
      As I said I have the CM11 as controller and what I was trying to do is just activate the CM11 not both but It keeps giving me Error Initializing! what should I do now? should I reinstall the program again ?`one more thing when I checked my homeseer logs there was a line in red saying : 13-7-2010 18:58:35 - Error - Initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U: Unable to open COM1
      SO ! how can I fix that?
      Is the controller on Com Port 1? Post your first 25 lines of your HomeSeer log file showing a fresh restart and we'll have a look.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It's working now, I had to uninstall the Home control software that came with CM11 which used the same port (COM 1) and then I installed a fresh HS software..Thanks alot

Comment

It's working now, I had to uninstall the Home control software that came with CM11 which used the same port (COM 1) and then I installed a fresh HS software..Thanks alot
          Glad you got this sorted.

Comment

One more question! Is there anywhere on this Forum where there is a discussion about how to keep the CM11 working while the computer is turned off ?! I don't think it's wise to leave the computer on just to keep the system operating! There must be a way to export the data to the CM11!

Comment

I'm pretty sure all of us have our HS systems running 24/7. Most if not all who are serious HS users have dedicated systems as well. Furthermore, I see a lot of folks transitioning to energy wise PC solutions. For myself, I use a small form factor system with a complete power load on the house including UPS, routers etc drawing less than 100 watts. A small price to pay considering you get payback on other energy consumers with automation.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

One more question! Is there anywhere on this Forum where there is a discussion about how to keep the CM11 working while the computer is turned off ?! I don't think it's wise to leave the computer on just to keep the system operating! There must be a way to export the data to the CM11!
                HomeSeer doesn't support loading macros to the CM11A and as Robert stated, HomeSeer was designed to run on an always on computer.

Comment

But I have read about it and I'm sure that there is a way to do that! but how ? please I need help on that, I don't want to leave the computer on while I'm traying to control my house ! and the other thing I tried to connect to my computer using my registered homeseer domain http://****.myhomeseer.com or using my internet http://internet IP:10200 ( the port that I forwarded ) but nothing happened! I couldn't connect to my homeseer even with the computer left ON !!

Comment

But I have read about it and I'm sure that there is a way to do that! but how ? please I need help on that, I don't want to leave the computer on while I'm traying to control my house !
                    You need to check out the ActiveHome software. This is the only software I know of that loads to the CM11A.

Comment

try ActiveHome from X10. I believe that I used it a number of years ago to download macros to a CM11a.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        You need to check out the ActiveHome software. This is the only software I know of that loads to the CM11A.
                        But (if we leave Activehome aside !)Why I can't access my homeseer from the internet ?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
                          try ActiveHome from X10. I believe that I used it a number of years ago to download macros to a CM11a.
                          and Could you connect to your CM11 from the internet easy without having your computer on all the time?

Comment

But (if we leave Activehome aside !)Why I can't access my homeseer from the internet ?
                            Is this a new question? If so please start a new thread so not to confuse all the issues.

Comment

and Could you connect to your CM11 from the internet easy without having your computer on all the time?
                              I'm not sure what you are asking here? The CM11A is a powerline interface that only acts as a bridge from your PC to the powerline.

Comment

Working...
                              X