Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TZ43 Devices

Hi,

I am just installing a TZ43 and I have added it to my ztroller and imported, optimized, etc. I have enabled the zwave thermastat plug-in and I have 2 new devices in HS. Nether of the devices have any device contols. One device is a summary of the stat's status and the other device reports the temp.

Is that correct number fo deivces?

I can create an event to change HVAC mode, setpoints for heat and cool and fan mode. Is that the only was to change the stats settings?

Is there a simple way to bump the setpoint up or down a degree or set the mode (fan or otherwise)?

thanks

-Rick
    -Rick

What version of HomeSeer are you running? If you are running a later version of HomeSeer 2.4.xx the z-Wave plugin is no longer needed and your should have a new tab for the tstat. Are there any errors when you optimize the stat?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Homeseer 2.4.11. No tab is shown, but based on your sugestion I found an item under the tab for plugins for the stat, it works sort of - errors when setting heat/cool set points.
      -Rick

Comment

Rick,

I have 2 TZ43's and have been having the same issue. Working with Rich through a help ticket.

But something to check - I get the error message from the Z-wave Thermostat page when setting the Heat/Cool setpoint. BUT - it actually does change the setpoint (check your thermostat). Also, if I change the setpoint from an event action, I do not get any error message.

So for me, the error is an annoyance, but does not prevent proper operation.

Regards,
        Vector

Comment

Vector,

Thanks for that response.

My symptoms are the same. Events work without error. The plug-in thingie errors when setting the cool or heat setpoints. Will check to see if the stat is getting the setpoint in the am. There is quite a delay before it reports the error:

Error sending setpoint command (43-2-3), return was ERROR ID: 28

I am confused by Rupp's comment saying I don't need the plugin.

And what devices did it create for you? Just the two?

thanks

-rick
          -Rick

Comment

Rick,

The plug-in comment is a bit confusing. It used to be a separately loaded plug-in. It is now built into the code, but still looks and acts like a plug-in. It is still Enabled/Disabled/Configured from he Interfaces Tab on the Setup screen.

Yes 2 devices are created - one for showing the entire status (this is the main device), and a second that just holds current temperature.

Regards,
            Vector

Comment

Thanks.

My symptons are the same including the plugin's setpoint error as you have described.

-rick
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
                Thanks.

My symptons are the same including the plugin's setpoint error as you have described.

-rick
                I am getting a slightly different error message...

Error sending setpoint command (43-2-3), return was ERROR ID: 6

G

Comment

I am not sure the difference is significant. In my case my zwave node is 28 which is the same value reported by the error. So I am assuming your node is 6...

-rick
                  -Rick

Comment

Helpdesk suggested that I upgrade to beta build 54 as they tested a new tz43 with that build and all seems to be working. However, I am more than a liitle concerned about that approach because 2.4.0.11 is rock solid (at least for me and my use) except for the tstat. So I will wait a bit.

-rick
                    -Rick

Comment

I have loaded .54 and the error is not showing up on the Z-wave thermostat page as it was previously.

The display on that page still does not correctly update unless you press the update button. I don't know if this is a fixable problem or not. It makes it look like the setpoint command is not working, but the thermostat itself is updating correctly - but to see it on the thermostat page you have to update.

I would still like to see controls on the right side of the Device Status page (like it used to be), and I would like the Hold/Run commands to be implemented (like the serial version of that thermostat).

Thanks to Rich for working on this, and while you are in there ....

Regards,
                      Vector

Comment

I am not sure the difference is significant. In my case my zwave node is 28 which is the same value reported by the error. So I am assuming your node is 6...

-rick
                        Yup, you are correct - I didn't put 2 and 2 together, but that is the node ID.

G

Comment

Helpdesk suggested that I upgrade to beta build 54 as they tested a new tz43 with that build and all seems to be working. However, I am more than a liitle concerned about that approach because 2.4.0.11 is rock solid (at least for me and my use) except for the tstat. So I will wait a bit.

-rick
                          I've been following the beta threads recently, and I'm a bit wary of upgrading given all the issues there seem to be at the moment with z-wave. I'm waiting for a release with fewer z-wave issues.

G

Comment

OK, now on 55, and the error:

"Error sending setpoint command (43-2-3), return was ERROR ID: 33" is back - ONLY on the Z-Wave Thermostat screen - NOT in HS Log.

Interestingly, the new setpoint stays on the screen. So my experience was that .54 fixed the Error message, but did not change the display to the new setpoint until you hit Update. .55 seems to leave the setpoint on screen but brings back a 43-2-3 error message.

Regards,
                            Vector

Comment

Working...
                            X