Trane Z-Wave Thermostat Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane Z-Wave Thermostat Control?

I was wondering if there is anyway to control modes such as ESM, HOLD, RUN, or configure the build-in schedule through HomeSeer on the Trane Z-Wave thermostat?

I'd be interested in finding that out too. I'd also be interesting in finding out how to set the other parameters on the thermostat. There is an option on the device page for setting various parameter, however it doesn't tell you what they are - just gives you a number between 0 and 255, and lets you set the value to something between 0 and 255, so I am guessing that it's just something generic that's there.

G

Comment

Those options are not exposed via the Z-Wave protocol so no these are not controllable via HomeSeer. I thought hold was controllable via Z-Wave though.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Per RCS, Hold is supported.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...RCS#post915907

I never saw an explanation for why it does not work. Maybe you can help

Note - Trane Z-wave Thermostat = Slightly crippled RCS TZ43.

Regards,
        Vector

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
          Rupp,

Per RCS, Hold is supported.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...RCS#post915907

I never saw an explanation for why it does not work. Maybe you can help

Note - Trane Z-wave Thermostat = Slightly crippled RCS TZ43.

Regards,
          Vector
          Yes, that's what I said. " I thought hold was controllable via Z-Wave though."

Comment

Rupp,

Problem is it does not work. There is not even a Run/Hold control on the Z-wave thermostat screem.

Regards,
            Vector

Comment

If you guys believe there's an issue with this stat please put in a bug report via the help desk and Rich can investigate this issue.

Comment

Rupp - Appreciate the reminder. However, I'm not sure if I would call this a bug. Since each thermostat supports different features, the question is really how many features specific to the Trane/Schlage stat would one expect? The basics are there, and they work fine (at least for me they work). However, features such as hold/ESM are not available, yet seem to be supported based on a few sites I've read.

I agree, if these features are supported, they are not working and I will open a bug. However, its not clear if they are supported or not.

Comment

Rich would need to answer this as he knows the Z-Wave stat code. In case he doesn't see this put in a pre sales help desk ticket and I'll assign it to Rich to bring this question to his attention.

Comment

Case opened via Helpdesk. Thanks for the support Rupp..

Comment

Originally posted by wntdone View Post
                      Case opened via Helpdesk. Thanks for the support Rupp..
                      Thanks.

Comment

I found some additional information - If you send a regular on/off command to the Trane Thermostat, it will in deed change it from RUN to ESM mode (I have not been able to take it off hold - however provided its in either ESM or RUN, an on/off command can change between them). I simply did this by sending a "command" to the thermostat of on (Run) or off (ESM). (The On/Off is not done through the Thermostat plug-in. In my case I did it manually using the control menu).

So now the question is - can we add this functionality directly to the Z-Wave Thermostat module?
                        Last edited by wntdone; July 10, 2010, 09:08 AM. Reason: Clarify my research

Comment

How do you send the "on" and "off" command to the thermostat in an event? The thermostats don't show up as devices when I try a Device Action and there is no "on/off" option when I select ZWave Thermostats Actions. I'm trying to get the thermostats to enter ESM when I put the house into "Away" mode via a virtual device. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I will have a look and get back to you. This may require some new coding work. There is no API to detect if energy save mode is available, so we have to manually code this based on the manufacturer product ID. I should be able to add that.

Comment

Thanks for the assistance.. )

Comment

Working...
                              X