Reliable hi temperature sensor/probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable hi temperature sensor/probe

Hi temp temperature sensor/probe needed to report the temperature of sauna and steam room to HS. Although the normal operational temperatures are in the 100 to 125 range the sensor should be able to go all the way to 200 deg. to register unexpected events. Needless to say that waterproof is a must.
    Any experience in the field bad or good. Please share.

Thanks,
    Z

I'm using the Oregon Scientific probes in my Spa, but I only use it for around 100 degrees in the water. when it was out of the water in the bright son for a while it was over 110 a few times.

Comment

I use a standard 1-wire DS18B20 to measure a variety of locations including my fireplace output duct. It typically gets into the upper 100's Farenheight and has been working without issues for several years now. I also have similiar sensor encapsulated in silicon rubber inside a small 1/2" copper end cap and immersed in my pond. Also multi year use without issue.

Comment

Check out Phidgets.com. They have a "1125 - Humidity/Temperature Sensor http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=phidgets (it will do C to F calculations).
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X