Fuse Panel setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse Panel setup

Here is a picture of my fuse panel labeled. I've added a few tandem breakers to further subdivide my circuits. Please note that I am not exceeding the draw of 200 Amps. A few of the breakers serve only one device (like an X10, Insteon or UPB controller). A few other breakers serve for X10, Insteon or UPB bridges. Today I am adding one 15 amp circuit to the computer rack (with already two 15 amp circuits) to make a total of 3 15 AMP separate circuits and breakers. Note that I utilize 14 guage wire for 15 amp service and 12 guage wire for 20 amp service. I mostly use black for hot but have also used blue. I've tried to create a like for like AMP draw for each phase of the panel using an Amp probe. I've also tried to equalize the draw on both legs by pairing the breakers total amperage.

PLEASE note to utilize an electrician if you have never done anything or are not familiar with working on an electric panel.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Was this in response to a question?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, its to depict the separation of circuits that I utilize to help isolate powerline power line circuits. (and where I have my X10 filters etc). I am adding more circuits today to my panel and its just a pictorial because I rarely take the cover off of the fuse panel.

What you will find is sometimes electricians "double" up on wires to one circuit breaker or use wrong guage wire for amperage load. I've also seen swapped wires (colors) and same swapping at the outlet taking the outlet out of phase.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Another Pictorial. This one is the building of one duplex gang box. I've built a few of these for the basement electric / appliance modules / Powerline controllers. There are single and double covers available. Please note that while it appears to be a straight forward methodology; if you are not comfortable working with 120VAC stuff hire an electrician.

The quick step by step that I did (just finished)
        1 - removed cover from fuse panel
        2 - purchased 4 dual breakers (2 X 15 Amp and 2 X 20 AMP)
        3 - looked over where to install
        4 - shut off one breaker at a time; removed hot wire from it; removed breaker; installed new breaker and connected hot wire to one of two terminals on breaker.
        5 - did the other three the same way giving me 2 15 AMP and 2 20 AMP free breakers.
        6 - shut down all servers.
        7 - shut off breakers for the two circuits for all servers
        8 - added the box below to one of two dual gang boxes there.
        9 - from the box end ran two 14 guage electrical wires thru the conduit into the fuse panel
        10 - connected the hot and neutral wire to one of the two outlets in the dual gang box.
        11 - closed up box.
        12 - placed neutral wire to side of fuse panel and connected it to the neutral block (white wire)
        13 - placed hot wire to side of fuse panel and connected to hot terminal of a free 15 amp breaker.
        14 - put cover back onto breaker box
        15 - turned all three breakers back on.
        16 - turned up servers.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; June 28, 2010, 04:59 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
        X