Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fade rate adjustable via HS? - press and hold to fade up/down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fade rate adjustable via HS? - press and hold to fade up/down?

I have the lights in the theater room set to fade up/down over a two minute spand (I did this via upb). It still can SNAP to full on or full off. When I try to press & hold, however, it seems to fade up/down at the 2 minute rate. This was frustrating (and embarrassing) when i was setting up the theater room as a second guest room for the kids of some friends we have staying over, and i couldn't get it to go to 15% for their kids.

I'm going to see if i can/should change the button function to something where the press and hold will behave normally. any suggestions?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

attaching the upb config...it seems like a press and hold should fade up/down...but it must be doing it at the slow rate....is there a way to have HS send a command to the switch to change the fade rate?

Ian
    Attached Files
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I don't think you can have HS change the rate of the switch, that's set via Upstart. You can setup different links with different fade rates. I have some switches that do the standard on/off fade up or down at the switch but will receive links from HS that use different fade rates. For example my living room switch does the standard on or off, plus the fade on or off by holding it. It also is set to receive a link that will fade on or off over an hour that is used via HS triggering it from an event. Other switches I have use different fade rates triggered by sending a link from a keypad.

I keep a lot of the UPB features reserved for either HS or Keypads as opposed to double tapping etc. What ends up happening is the end user, IE family, friends or guests expect switches to work like switches, so that's what I give them and save the magic for things like HS events triggered via keypads etc.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

That sounds exactly like what i should do! Can you provide a little detail as to how to make the link trigger a certain fade rate? Ie...is that in the HS action options, scripting, Upstart? (I know how to make it receive a link, just not how to make it respond to a link in that specific way). Thanks,

Ian
        Plugins:

Comment

It's done mostly from upstart from within the receive properties of the switch. You simply make a link, call it whatever you like, then in properties you can set it to whatever fade rate you want it to use.

When you want the specific rate to be observed you call that link from the HomeSeer UPB link devices as part of an event, even if it's the only thing that event does. For example as part of another event, or just an event that is called via a keypad changing status. I suppose it could be called from a script also but that being my weak spot I never tried it.

Also you can make as many links for specific fade rates as you want. This way you don't hinder manual operation at the switch itself thus confusing the family more than we all already do.

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
          That sounds exactly like what i should do! Can you provide a little detail as to how to make the link trigger a certain fade rate? Ie...is that in the HS action options, scripting, Upstart? (I know how to make it receive a link, just not how to make it respond to a link in that specific way). Thanks,

Ian
          Attached Files
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Not trying to hijack the thread since the main focus is regarding the fade rate but I'm curious how you guys got the push&hold and double-tap working in HS. I can get my US2-40s with rocker & 4-button working the way I want in UpStart but not HS.

In my bedroom, I have "dead" links created for each button. In HS, I use the device links to be able to set up event to do whatever I want (e.g., All Off, Night Mode, or specific device on/off). These are only able to use the normal push on/off.

In my living room, I wanted to control my lamp modules for on/off and fade up. In UpStart, I set the switch up as a Custom Button (Goto on/off, Snap on/off for double, Fade Up/Down, Fade Stop). It works fine in UpStart but does nothing in HS.

Can you point me in the right direction? Double-tap and push and hold will give me more options to do stuff but it;s a shame that it looks like I'll have to use Upstart for the programming.

Derek

Comment

Working...
            X