Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SmartHome PowerLinc USB instead of CMXX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmartHome PowerLinc USB instead of CMXX?

I am using SmartHome PowerLinc USB to send my X10 signal from my Homeseer server to the poweline today.

I like to use an iPhone app like x10 commander, http://melloware.com/products/x10commander/, to control my appliances.

The problem I think is the X10 commander only allows X10 CM11, CM12, CM15, CM17 Firecracker, or CM19 but I am using SmartHome PowerLinc USB to send the X10 signal from my server.

My question is can I not get one of the X10 CM11, CM12, CM15, CM17 Firecracker, or CM19and use my current SmartHome PowerLinc USB to share and send the x10 signal?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Not according to the doc's of the x10 commander, it doesn't list the PowerLinc USB as a supported device. Even if you had one of the supported devices I don't think the driver would allow you to share it (at the same time) with HomeSeer and X10 Commander Server.

You might be able to do a dual system with one of the supported interfaces but I suspect that would make a mess of any HomeSeer events that are triggered via an X10 status.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
      Not according to the doc's of the x10 commander, it doesn't list the PowerLinc USB as a supported device. Even if you had one of the supported devices I don't think the driver would allow you to share it (at the same time) with HomeSeer and X10 Commander Server.

You might be able to do a dual system with one of the supported interfaces but I suspect that would make a mess of any HomeSeer events that are triggered via an X10 status.
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X