Need a lamp switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a lamp switch

I need a plug in lamp module that can be controlled (on and off) by dry contact closure. Don't need X10 or USB or anything like that. Does anybody know of something like that?

I created a Phidget Plugin that can control 8 analog inputs / 8 digital inputs / 8 digital outputs (search for my "Phidgets plugin" & www.phidgets.com). I contrtol my Somfy Awnings using the digital outputs and their Phidgets SSR relay pcb (aka dry contacts).
    Mike

Comment

I don't need a HS plugin. In fact, this has nothing to do with HS, I just posted my question here because there are a lot of very knowledgable and helpful people here! I don't even have HS at this location.

This camera is in the lights-out server room for a small business I do IT support for. So I don't have to leave the lights on all the time, I was going to put a small lamp in the room and have it turn on when the security camera detects motion. I can hard wire the dry contact output from the camera to a lamp module with dry contact input. I just can't find such a lamp module. I think I'm just going to get a screw in motion detector for the lamp and let it turn on the lamp when it detects motion. Probably actually a simpler solution anyway.

Comment

If you change your mind about wanting this, it could be done with a cheap powerflash module from ebay -- about $10. You would need one lamp or appliance module to plug the lamp into.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

If you change your mind about wanting this, it could be done with a cheap powerflash module from ebay -- about $10. You would need one lamp or appliance module to plug the lamp into.
          I thought about that but I'm not sure X10 would be very reliable. It's an old, large, commercial building -- in a commercial area -- so I'm afraid X10 would be very hit or miss. And for a security application, it needs to be 100%.

Comment

How about using a 12v (wall wart) power supply that feeds a 12v relay. Put the camera contacts in series with the 12v supply. Then when the camera closes the circuit the 12v relay contacts complete the AC circuit which powers the lamp.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X