Extract data from website but need to login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extract data from website but need to login

I want to extract some data from a website and use this within HomeSeer. I'm okay with the actual extraction of data using hs.GetURL(Path, Pathloc, False, 80) but first of all I need to login but I cannot figure out how I can do this.
    The link below is the site I need to login to:

https://www.fitlinxx.com/login-pub.html

Thanks
    Simon

Sometimes the login info is passed in the URL. You might login and see what the URL looks like after you are in. Other than that, you can call the company and see if you can talk with the people who designed the software and see what they might suggest. . . Since it is specific to this company, it was probably written in house and not some canned piece of software.
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
      I want to extract some data from a website and use this within HomeSeer. I'm okay with the actual extraction of data using hs.GetURL(Path, Pathloc, False, 80) but first of all I need to login but I cannot figure out how I can do this.
      The link below is the site I need to login to:

https://www.fitlinxx.com/login-pub.html

Thanks
      Simon
      If you are comfortable with picking up different scripting languages, AutoIt is awesome at this specific task. I've written three different packages that combine AutoIt and a VB.NET script to log into a web site, scrape some info, and post it into HS virtual devices. For my own use I've got a script that checks how many unread emails I have on HotMail, and one that checks how much bandwidth I've used on my Comcast HSI (since they cap it per month). I also wrote another one for Thom Hinton (GreenAcres) that does something similar.

If you want help let me know. You can send me an email (snevl at msn dot com) and I can send you some examples.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
        Sometimes the login info is passed in the URL. You might login and see what the URL looks like after you are in. Other than that, you can call the company and see if you can talk with the people who designed the software and see what they might suggest. . . Since it is specific to this company, it was probably written in house and not some canned piece of software.
        Unfortunately the details are not pased in the URL, if only it were that easy !
        I have however emailed the company and asked if there is some way to progmatically login, they have already advised that there is currently no API available.

We'll see what they say !

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
          If you are comfortable with picking up different scripting languages, AutoIt is awesome at this specific task. I've written three different packages that combine AutoIt and a VB.NET script to log into a web site, scrape some info, and post it into HS virtual devices. For my own use I've got a script that checks how many unread emails I have on HotMail, and one that checks how much bandwidth I've used on my Comcast HSI (since they cap it per month). I also wrote another one for Thom Hinton (GreenAcres) that does something similar.

If you want help let me know. You can send me an email (snevl at msn dot com) and I can send you some examples.

Steve
          I've sent you a email to request some examples.

Thanks
          Simon

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X