Reading status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading status

Wondering if the HS plugin reads stats from the UPB devices / other controllers? Or not?

My test was:

I have three UPB controllers plugged in. One to HS, one to HAI panel and one floater.

Using the floater UPB controller and upstart sent a command to one device. I noticed that the status did not change in the HS device. I did the same test sending a command with the HAI UPB controller.

Is there a setting that I missed to read UPB switch status?

IE: If I go to the switch and manually turn it on or off HS reads the status fine. If I go to the 2nd or 3rd controller and turn on and off the switch HS doesn't see the new status of the switch.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Good question, I know they report after a button press as you said but when sending signals, I suspect it's HS that keeps track of status and when another controller does it HS wouldn't see it?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Most UPB switches have an option that you can set (via UpStart) to report their status when it changes via local button press, etc. HomeSeer should see these status reports and update devices accordingly.

If you change a device remotely by sending an ON/OFF command to it, it will not report its status. Therefore, if a different interface sent the command to the device, the HomeSeer interface will not see it and the device in HS will not be updated.

I think that if you sent a LINK command to the device from a different interface, then the HomeSeer interface would see it and update any devices accordingly.

This is my understanding.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

I think that if you sent a LINK command to the device from a different interface, then the HomeSeer interface would see it and update any devices accordingly.
        Thank you Ed.

Tested sending a link command from the two other CIMs and it works indicating status on HS UPB device.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X