Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status change not triggering event

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Status change not triggering event

    I am trying using HS2. I've used 1.7 for years and know how it works, but a device change is not triggering an event in HS2 for some reason. Any ideas?

    #2
    Device status and value will trigger an update. However device string won't (unless the device creator set the flag to update 'last triggered'). If your device says something other than On/Off/Dim then it's possible the device is only updating a string and not the status.
    Mike

    Comment


      #3
      For the test, it's a simple lamp module, code A1. The trigger is set for device "lamp changed to on". Changing the device to on does not trigger the event.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
        For the test, it's a simple lamp module, code A1. The trigger is set for device "lamp changed to on". Changing the device to on does not trigger the event.
        I think this was found to be a bug and was fixed in the latest beta (2.4.0.60)
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

        Comment


          #5
          I am running 2.4.0.1 and I'm stumped.

          Comment


            #6
            You should at least load the latest release version from http://www.homeseer.com/downloads
            -Rupp
            sigpic

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              You should at least load the latest release version from http://www.homeseer.com/downloads

              Comment


                #8
                -Rupp
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
                  I am trying using HS2. I've used 1.7 for years and know how it works, but a device change is not triggering an event in HS2 for some reason. Any ideas?
                  I am now on the latest version.

                  Can someone tell me why "Disable Automatic Event Triggering" is checked by default when you create a new event? And better yet, can someone tell me why nobody told me to uncheck that, given the question I posted above?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Isk82 View Post
                    I am now on the latest version.

                    Can someone tell me why "Disable Automatic Event Triggering" is checked by default when you create a new event? And better yet, can someone tell me why nobody told me to uncheck that, given the question I posted above?
                    Too many people were complaining that they had run-away events so they added the option on the configuration page "New Events are Disabled by Default (Prevents accidental triggering during configuration): Yes/No ".
                    I wouldn't have thought of telling you about it because I have had this option set to 'No' for so long that I forgot about it.
                    Dick
                    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X