Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event triggers when it should not - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event triggers when it should not - Fixed!

Strange.

This sprinkler event is supposed to trigger two different ways:
    1) 4 days a week in the morning at 8AM.
    2) Everyday at 1PM if the temp is above 81F.

The morning trigger works fine. The afternoon trigger fires off everyday at 12:10:00PM and again at 1:00:00PM when the temp condition is satisfied. Why is it triggering at 12:10? This seems too simple for me to screw up. I've rebooted twice, no change.

Anyone have a suggestion?
    Attached Files

The event fires, or your sprinklers come on?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

The event fires and therefore the sprinkler comes on. But why at 12:10:00PM? It should only come on at 1PM in the afternoon.

Comment

Are you sure it is this particular event that triggers at 12h10 and not another one ?

Could it be another similar event that you setup independently ? It happens to me from time to time, as I setup test events when I'm working on something and forget to erase them afterwards.

Comment

Firstly I would check the log. If it is that event that is firing delete it. Wait a day to ensure the sprinklers no longer fire. Reboot, then add the event back in. You could try also changing the name and the times slightly at that point.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Looks like Fran_Joel gets the prize. I did have another event I was experimenting with a long time ago and forgotten . It's only recently been hot enough to trigger this other event.

Case closed.

Comment

What do I win ?

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
                What do I win ?
                A free event of your choice!
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  a free event of your choice!
                  Lucky me !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spock View Post
                    I did have another event I was experimenting with a long time ago and forgotten .
                    I've had that, too. The older I get the more things like this seem to happen.
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                    X