Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting number of unread emails from Exchange 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting number of unread emails from Exchange 2010?

Exchange 2010s OWA has an search folder called "Unread Email". Does anybody know how I could get this number of unread emails into a Device (or better yet, direclty to HStouch)?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Have you tried one of the Outlook plugins? These are designed to interface with Outlook and give you access to all of your mail and calendar events.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yeah, I know about them. But I don't run Outlook on my server (and I really don't want to). I was hoping there was something a little easier to be done with OWA.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I don't know if this helps you but I use the BLOutlook plug-in to do exactly this. It does not require that Outlook itself be run on the HS server. Instead it uses a client-server type arrangement to get the information. It can also be run on different outlook files on different systems. I gather email waiting, appointments, etc for my wife and my personal systems to show on HSTouch screens.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I'd like this functionality as well. I use owa on my android phone for getting emails. It would be nice to grab these from HS/HSTouch as well...
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here's a query string that shows the messages but you must have logged in first.
            https://webmailServer/exchange/?cmd=...ead%20messages

Change the webmailServer to your server

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Here's a query string that shows the messages but you must have logged in first.
              https://webmailServer/exchange/?cmd=...ead%20messages

Change the webmailServer to your server
              Wow, that would have been awesome. But I just get "Bad request" as the response...

Comment

Found a starting point:
                PHP Code:
                https://ServerName/exchange/emailAccount/inbox/?cmd=contents&view=unread%20messages 
                Changing the ServerName and emailAccount to your data

Comment

I can't get it to work. Have you tried this yourself, Rupp?

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    I can't get it to work. Have you tried this yourself, Rupp?
                    Yes, it works here but it took me forever to get the syntax correct and I believe it depends on how your Exchange server is configured to serve the OWA pages. Here's a site to check.
                    http://blogs.technet.com/b/kclemson/.../04/53886.aspx

Comment

Hmmm... Well, comparing OWA before and after Exchange 2010, I don't think it works anymore.

But thanks for your time, Rupp.

Comment

Working...
                      X