Thermostats - Whats the difference? TZ43 / Trane / Cooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostats - Whats the difference? TZ43 / Trane / Cooper

Hi, I am looking to buy a Zwave thermostat, and feel that I will probably select the TZ43.

However, browsing through the store, it seems that the TZ43 and the Cooper (and the Trane, for that matter) look EXACTLY the same from the outside.

I know there are some differences between the Trane and the TZ43, such as support for remote sensors, but what is the difference between the Cooper and the TZ43?

Which one has better features?

Is there any advantage to using the Cooper since I'm using Cooper lighting switches?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

I am wonder the same thing. It looks like the only difference between the TZ43 and the Trane is the remote sensor -- and about $75.

Comment

It sure would be great if they supported humidity control also....

Comment

Originally posted by 1619Farm View Post
        I am wonder the same thing. It looks like the only difference between the TZ43 and the Trane is the remote sensor -- and about $75.
        I recently purchased the Trane from the HS store and installed. I kind of downgraded the TSTAT as the old one was a honeywell touch screen with a better display than the Trane / Schlage Zwave version.

That said, we rarely touch the TSTAT now. It's hands-off, and controls the heat pump wonderfully. Having the HS interface to the TSTAT is really nice. I often find myself checking in on the TSTAT from work, while out-n-about, at dinner, or pretty much anywhere I am and wonder how it's doing.

One thing I will say is that the electronics part snaps into the base (the part that screws into the wall and where the wires terminate). If you do not get a good solid 'snap' (not a break), it doesn't make good electrical contact.

I looked around the various ZWave options and chose the Trane after looking at the online documentation. Didn't need remote temperature sensing, plus I think it mated well with the heat pump's features. Good luck with your search.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
        X