Web interface.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web interface.

Ok Is it possible to create a HSTouch like interface for a web browser?

In other words set up a webpage that can control the HS server? you could then use the browser interface on any web enabled device to interact with HS. IE Ipads, Android tablets Iphones and Android phones ect

or am I just blowing smoke? I am very comfortable with PHP, HTML, CSS, and kinda comfy with Javascript and Jquery.

Yes, this is real easy. All you have to do is create an asp/aspx/html page in the HomeSeer directory and call the scripting objects shown in the HomeSeer help files.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Do you ever leave the desk Rupp ? Thank you. So I will need to get a little familiar with ASP i take it. Oh well Time to learn it i suppose.

Comment

Didn't you know? Rupp is`a bot.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

"I AM A BOT..." If you know PHP then asp is very similar and not hard at all.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That is good to know. I was a little worried that ASP would have a totally different feel from php

Comment

Mik - take a look here and see if this is something that can help you.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ht=jon00+touch

~Bill

Comment

That looks promising. I will have to se how hard it is to edit those for other screen sizes (android tablets/phones ect)

Comment

Not to bring back this old post but I was looking at trying this earlier and I was a little confused by the documentation. Where exactly do you put the custom html files on the server? (full path from c: would be awesome)

EDIT:-----
                  Ok I figured out the path for the custom html file(s) but when i fire off a device control
                  used the example :

<input type="hidden" name="control_device" value="Work Room Test Lamp=dim=50%">
                  <input type="submit" value="Lamp 50%" name="control_device">

This works BUT the page throws an error:
                  "unknown post/put request, data is control_device+Work+Room+Test+Lamp%3Ddim%3D50%25&control_dev ice=Lamp+50%25"
                  Last edited by Mikhael; October 1, 2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhael View Post
                    Not to bring back this old post but I was looking at trying this earlyer and I was a little confused by the documentation. Where exactly do you put the custom html files on the server? (full path from c: would be awsome)
                    It depends on where you installed HS - for example, mine are in:
                    c:\program files\homeseer 2\html

basically, you build them in the html folder of your installation.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhael View Post
                      Not to bring back this old post but I was looking at trying this earlyer and I was a little confused by the documentation. Where exactly do you put the custom html files on the server? (full path from c: would be awsome)
                      For the norm C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Html or C:\Program Files\Homeseer HSPRO\html depending on which version of HS you use.

the html folder is the root directory, so for example if you place test.asp in the directory C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Html it will appear on your webserver as http://youriport/test.asp

any folders inside your html directory then get added onto the end of the URL, so if you create a folder test_pages in your html directory you would go to http://youriport/test_pages/test.asp to bring up the page, just clicking on the page in the directory from windows will load it as a file rather than a URL.

So essentially put them in your html directory and you should not go far wrong
                      Last edited by mrhappy; October 1, 2010, 04:34 PM. Reason: Beaten to it!

Comment

what do I do about the error?

Comment

<input type="hidden" name="control_device" value="Work Room Test Lamp=dim=50%">
                          <input type="submit" value="Lamp 50%" name="control_device">

at a guess I would start by removing the spaces or replacing them with underscores

Comment

That has no effect. (same error) also just a note that the example in the help doc shows spaces not underscores

Comment

Can you post all of the ASP code for your page here?

Comment

Working...
                              X