I am using no ASP it is all HTML as the help file suggests
    http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...2/homeseer.htm <- help

My code:
    <html>
    <head></head>
    <body>Hello<br/>
    <form method="POST" action="self">
    <p>
    <input type="hidden" name="control_device" value="Work_Room_Test_Lamp=dim=50%">
    <input type="submit" value="Test_Lamp 50%" name="control_device">
    </p>
    </form>

</body>
    </html>

The underscores had no effect though they are here as this is the last iteration I ran
    Last edited by Mikhael; October 1, 2010, 04:58 PM. Reason: Code reference

Comment

Ok I got it. The "name" of the submit button was set to "control_divice" as it was in the documentation. but with that name it attempts to control a device along with the hidden input. The device in the submit value didn't exist so it messed up

So updated and working code is:
      <html>
      <head></head>
      <body>Hello<br/>
      <form method="POST" action="self">
      <p>
      <input type="hidden" name="control_device" value="Work Room Test Lamp=dim=50%">
      <input type="submit" value="Dim Test Lamp 50%" name="submit">
      </p>
      </form>

</body>
      </html>

Where the hidden inputs name is the action "control_device", the value is the name of the device "Work Room (location) Test Lamp" (device name)
      And submit is simply a submit button with no action associated other than to submit the form

Comment

Glad its working, taught me something aswell as I didnt know you control devices without ASP..probably could've saved myself some time by using that method so thanks!

Comment

Thanks for posting this. A year later I still got trapped by the sameissue. If I changed the submit button name to "submit" it works perfectly. Otherwise I get the "Unknown post/put request, data is control_device" error.

The example in the doc is still wrong. I will submit a low priority help desk request.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
          X