Event action on any setpoint change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event action on any setpoint change

Is there a simple way to create an event based on any setpoint change, I see setpoint changed to, then you have to manually enter a number. I would like an event to be triggered any time the set point has been changed. Is there an easy way to do this.

Whilst I have zilch experience with thermostats check if they store a value as a device value (if you go into additional info), if it does hold the set point as the device value then you can use the trigger device value change > set to any.

Comment

it does not hold the setpoint as the device value, any other ideas

Comment

If theres no event action then perhaps a script, which picked the set point, stored it somewhere (virtual device/ini file/global variable) and if it was different from the previous value it triggered the event. I'm transmitting blind here but perhaps something similar to what Rupp posted in this thread http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144115

Sub Main(ByVal parms as Object)

Dim pi As Object
        Dim temp as Double

pi = hs.Plugin("ZWave Thermostats")
        temp = pi.GetHeatSet(1, 1)

'I have no idea what goes there - it says in the API calls about thermostat number/sensor number - don't know the format

hs.setdevicevalue("Z1", temp * 10)

'reports the return as a double, so will need some experimenting as to correct multiplication factor

hs.setdevicestring("Z1", "New set point: " & temp, True)

End Sub

Then you could create an event that changed when the Z1 device value changed...someone will probably say that script is all wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by comgle64 View Post
          Is there a simple way to create an event based on any setpoint change, I see setpoint changed to, then you have to manually enter a number. I would like an event to be triggered any time the set point has been changed. Is there an easy way to do this.
          My setpoint change event triggers using LESS THAN 90, as any setpoint change is always less than that and so every change triggers it.
          All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

That's a grate idea however I cannot get any events to trigger from a setpoint change. Right now I have it

SETPOINT
            HEAT
            LESS THAN

when I manually change the setpoint no events are triggered and nothing shows up in the log, but the setpoint does actually change. What am I doing wrong.

Comment

I poll my stat every 55 seconds and it seems to pick up any changes ok after that time. Are you polling?
              All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I am polling evey 10 sec, when I change the setpoint it picks it up but nothing shows up in the log and it wont trigger an event. When you change yours does it show in the log?

Comment

I'd check, but I'm 1500 miles from the house. Next time I'm there in 4 weeks I'll try it out and post back if you don't already have a better answer from someone else by then!

Comment

Thanks for the help buy I finally got it figured out, The t-stat was not associated with homeseer.

Comment

Working...
                    X