WOW! IE 9 is fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! IE 9 is fast

Have you guys tried IE9 yet? It's as fast as Safari and I love the new look.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I've been using it since the day the public beta released. You're right, very fast. My only problem is my Macro Express Pro shortcut keys aren't working in IE9. I've removed Firefox and am just using IE9.

Kevin

Comment

It's amazing what this browser can do especially with the SVG rendering. This is a whole new ballgame in browsers.

Comment

It's nice to see you excited about new technology, Rupp..... usually you're steering people away from new stuff.

Now maybe homeseer could write a better web front end that takes advantage this stuff, or give us a little more control of the standard pages by not hard coding them into the assembly, just making everything asp/aspx with source and we as a community can grow the pages over time, and follow the technology.

I really just want more control of how the status pages get dynamically built... the event builder pages etc.. etc..

Sorry, end rant.... Homeseer just got to me this weekend almost to the point where I questioned why the heck I bother automating anything.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Yah. Way to force us into Windows 7. Typical Microscam tactic.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
            It's nice to see you excited about new technology, Rupp..... usually you're steering people away from new stuff.

Now maybe homeseer could write a better web front end that takes advantage this stuff, or give us a little more control of the standard pages by not hard coding them into the assembly, just making everything asp/aspx with source and we as a community can grow the pages over time, and follow the technology.

I really just want more control of how the status pages get dynamically built... the event builder pages etc.. etc..

Sorry, end rant.... Homeseer just got to me this weekend almost to the point where I questioned why the heck I bother automating anything.
            Zimmer, i'm glad i'm not the only one feeling this way lately. I would say that all of my HS automation works about 70 percent of the time. The 30 percent that it fails is usually when i have company over or when my wife is trying to do something. Makes me feel like a complete dolt.

Comment

Our little Rupp might be growing up right before our eyes
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Our little Rupp might be growing up right before our eyes
                I'm trying, really. Up till now browsers were just that, web page browsers. Now you can write native code that doesn't need a plugin to do some pretty impressive applications.

Comment

But we do need homeseer to start using standards and stop ignoring that some really good ones already exist (that they can use for free) and they don't need to reinvent the wheel, and drag around legacy parts forever...

example: Why invent a new protocol to transmit data back and forth from homeseer to hstouch.

Better solution: An open, rest based web service with callback subscriptions.

Why? So clients can be written faster, debugged easier, and security layers added into the mix with ease. An html 5 client, or silverlight, could be made
                  more easily (using port 80 which last I check isn't blocked too many places)

Don't even get me started on the XML that's being used for HSTouch. There is a reason why the parsing is slow on the windows CE clients, and it's not because XML parsing is slow (remember rendering HTML is actually XML parsing) Should my whole file be parsed to display a single start screen? Well when you don't nest your XML elements based on some sort of useful grouping you get stuck reading the whole file to get just a small blocks worth of data.

Access database? = slow, no history, no logging, no accountability, and just not robust enough for a 24/7 automation system. So many more options out there that are free and offer a ton of added flexibility. SQL express might be worth a look. In fact a new revised fully relational DB might improve on a lot of homeseer features. Many things could be moved to the DB that most likely take place in memory right now... (Just a guess) Transaction logs could be really interesting.... frequency of lights being turned on and off, how long they were on and lots of good data could be retrieved given the right queries.

Files being stored under c:\program files\h* = bad idea and has been against best programming practice for a long time.

Having to restart homeseer to turn on or off a plugin, reload config files etc... again some newer architecture could solve these things.

Sorry again for the rant... I'm just having a bad day. I guess I just want HS to be cutting edge and stay on top for years to come. Falling behind far enough it might be hard to catch up with these technologies.

BTW my homeseer works more than 70% But I have to invest more than 30% of my freetime into keeping it that way... All so I don't have to get out of bed to turn on a light?
                  Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

But we do need homeseer to start using standards and stop ignoring that some really good ones already exist (that they can use for free) and they don't need to reinvent the wheel, and drag around legacy parts forever...

example: Why invent a new protocol to transmit data back and forth from homeseer to hstouch.

Better solution: An open, rest based web service with callback subscriptions.

Why? So clients can be written faster, debugged easier, and security layers added into the mix with ease. An html 5 client, or silverlight, could be made
                    more easily (using port 80 which last I check isn't blocked too many places)
                    When I first saw HSTouch required 10200 as the port, that was a dead giveaway that a different protocol was being used. Using 80/443 would have been a much better solution and use any of the prevailing technologies out there.

BTW, callback subscriptions rock - they are the basis for message queuing interfaces that respond as subscribers - that would have been just awesome and would probably cutdown on network chatter between the client and plug-in.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                    X