HSSpeaker permissions issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSSpeaker permissions issue

I have the speaker client running between a windows 7 x64 machine ( core system ) and a windows vista machine just fine, spoken commands work as expected between the two with out issue.

However, When I added the speaker client to a windows xp pro machine which btw for those that dont know , Speech recognition can be added to windows xp with the Microsoft speech sdk ( SAPI 5.1 sdk ) the speaker client will report :

Error in speak. Access denied.(Exception from HRESULT:0x80070005)(E_ACCESSDENIED))

when ever a command is spoken to vr on the windows xp machine in my network in the log and I get no speech out of it even though the event actions are Printed out in the log window.

This is with HSPRO 2.3.19 and im thinking is a result or the changes made to networking from XP to vista and above. BUT i have no idea how to fix it. Any Sugestions?

I have 2 xp machines in my network , 1 windows 7 x64 ultimate, and 2 vista home primeium. The goal is to be able to use VR through out the house to control HSPro events like media control , Lighting, Ect.

Originally posted by AthlonJedi View Post
    I have the speaker client running between a windows 7 x64 machine ( core system ) and a windows vista machine just fine, spoken commands work as expected between the two with out issue.

However, When I added the speaker client to a windows xp pro machine which btw for those that dont know , Speech recognition can be added to windows xp with the Microsoft speech sdk ( SAPI 5.1 sdk ) the speaker client will report :

Error in speak. Access denied.(Exception from HRESULT:0x80070005)(E_ACCESSDENIED))

when ever a command is spoken to vr on the windows xp machine in my network in the log and I get no speech out of it even though the event actions are Printed out in the log window.

This is with HSPRO 2.3.19 and im thinking is a result or the changes made to networking from XP to vista and above. BUT i have no idea how to fix it. Any Sugestions?

I have 2 xp machines in my network , 1 windows 7 x64 ultimate, and 2 vista home primeium. The goal is to be able to use VR through out the house to control HSPro events like media control , Lighting, Ect.
    A fully patched XP install has VR installed so the SDK must have corrupted your VR engine.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Re:

Meh in testing, vista and windows 7 perform well with out a hitch, basicly it just works out of the box so ill just upgrade those 2 machines to vista, I need to do it anyway instead of dealing with all the headaches involved with running xp on a primarly vista and windows 7 network. XP has been misbeahving with other software i use anyway so...Migration time!

Comment

Working...
      X