Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADT Pulse and Homeseer

Can ADT Pulse work with Homeseer?

is this adt's new z-wave setup they have? i hear it is z-wave and you can add security cameras to it.. saw it in a commercial this weekend...

i dont see why you couldnt... however... adt is not going to let you into the programming (doubtfull but you could ask)...

if they do great.. if they dont.. run a second computer.. with say a z-troller and homeseer... and you will be good to go..

the downside.. they will charge you an upped price on the z-wave hardware... plus they will try and sell you insurance on every device..

when i had adt for just security.. it was $32.95 a month... plus $2 insurance per device... i have 9 windows.. 2 doors... 2 glass breaks... 3 smokes... 1 carbon.. 2 basement windows.... 19 devices... putting us well over what i wanted to pay a month....
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Yes, this is ADT's new z-wave based security system. Hopefully I can buy my own z-wave devices and have them hook it up to the system. I'm having them take a look at my house this weekend. I'll report back when I get some questions answered.

Comment

Originally posted by jls944 View Post
        Can ADT Pulse work with Homeseer?
        This is a security panel with some basic Z-Wave control built in. If it's anything like the 2Gig Z-Wave enabled security panel, it's designed to be the central automation system and won't be able to integrate with other controllers. We've verified this with the 2Gig panel... have yet to verify it for Pulse. Don't get your hopes up!
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I thought about getting this last summer. ADT requires that you buy all the Z-Wave devices from them. They don't permit adding your own Z-Wave devices. They support switches, dimmers, plugins and thermostats. They weren't supporting locks. They also supported net cams, none of which were for outdoor use (without getting a video to ip transcoder). Hardware prices were higher than what you could get online. Then, they want more than $60 monthly charge. You also can't integrate it with HomeSeer. So, ADT really isn't for the do it yourselfer, but suited for folks who would be happy having all the integration done for them (and willing to pay for the monthly charge AND be locked into a multiple-year contract despite the fact that you had to pay for the hardware to begin with (plus installation costs)!

Comment

yeah i was rediculous priced a month... no more...
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I looked at them and vivint.. vivint uses a 2gig panel and when they saw my house is already automated they wouldnt even quote me a price and said they couldnt install here...

ADT said they could install but "would have to check" to see if existing automation could be integrated.. they said that they thought their Zwave panel could connect via Zwave to the Homeseer however none of their software is written to control anything other than their own hardware so they felt it would not work right... and also the price was crazy high!!
              -Christopher
              PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I spoke with tech support at 2GIG a few days ago to see if anything had changed (integration wise). Looks like the 2GIG panel can function as a Z-Wave secondary controller but with some limitations:
                • If the 2GIG panel is configured as a secondary, 2GIG "events" will no longer execute. You'll be able able to control individual devices, but that's it.
                • Integration will be limited to Z-Wave device control only. The panel cannot be controlled (armed) by another system and there is no "sharing" of data regarding security devices and zone status.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X