Help, Need a Script to launch XBMC portable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Need a Script to launch XBMC portable

I am new to the whole scripting concept but pick things up easily, but i was having some difficulties.

I would like to launch XBMC, in portable mode, from an event trigger. To do this in the past without Homeseer I created a shortcut on the desktop to the XBMC.exe found in the program files dir. Then i would change the Target line of the shortcut to read, "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p .

The " -p" at the end will cause the XBMC program to run in portable mode as I need it to. So i tried to copy this target line to a simple script to run when i trigger the even. This is what i tried,

Sub Main

hs.Launch "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -P

End Sub

but i get this error,
    11/10/2010 11:55:10 AM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: XBMC Start13:Type mismatch: '[string: "C:\Program Files (x8"]' in line 3 More info: Type mismatch: '[string: "C:\Program Files (x8"]'

Should i be putting the -p somewhere else to get this to work? Please any help in appreciated!

Try this..

Sub Main

hs.Launch "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe", "-P", ""

End Sub

The last parameter (which is set to "" in this case) sometimes, depending on the application may need to be filled in, if you find it does not work try

hs.Launch "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe", "-P", "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC"

Launching apps can sometimes be a bit hit and miss..

Comment

That works! thanks so much for the speedy reply!

Comment

mrhappy, you beat me to it!
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

8 minutes...must try harder the next time...I might even get Rupp worried!

Comment

Working...
          X