Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger HomeSeer from Panasonic NetCam via HTTP request?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger HomeSeer from Panasonic NetCam via HTTP request?

Hello - I have a couple of Panasonic NetCams that have built in PIR sensors to detect motion. Unfortunately they do not have an external trigger output port that lets me wire through something like a UPB input module to trigger HomeSeer, so I'm just having them send me an email.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way of trigger HomeSeer directly (without a separate motion detector) and I see that the camera can issue an HTTP request upon a trigger. Theoretically therefore you should be able to have HomeSeer listen to incoming HTTP requests, or failing that use IIS to run a CGI program that messages HomeSeer.

Anyone done anything like this? I can't seem to find a plug-in that matches this case exactly.

Thanks,
    Nick.

You can trigger HomeSeer events using email. Check out the HomeSeer help files. Look at the Tips and Tricks, Controlling devices using Email.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Would this work...put a test.asp file in the HomeSeer HTML directory, something like;

PHP Code:
      <html>
      <
      body>

<%

Dim RequestStr

RequestStr 
      request.form("ID")

Select Case RequestStr

Case "1"
      hs.triggerevent "Event #1"

Case "2"
      hs.triggerevent "Event #2"

End Select

%>

</
      body>
      </
      html
      And then put a URL into the camera like "http://192.168.0.102:887/testurl.asp?ID=1" which when the camera requested it would pull the url and using the parameter passed to it it ran the correct event??

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately email would probably be to slow (without having HomeSeer poll every few seconds). I'll try adding a custom web page - I hadn't thought of doing that. I realized also that something like tenHsServer would likely do what I want here as well.

Thanks,
        Nick.

Comment

The test.asp page seems to be working when testing from a browser, but when the camera tries to access the same URL I get the following error in the HS log:

"Got data but was not PUT or GET, from: 192.168.0.63 Data: /test.asp?ID=1 HTTP/1.1"

Any ideas what is causing this to fail?

Thanks,
          Nick.

Comment

Can you post the model no or a link to the manual? Not sure whats causing the issue but don't know exactly what the camera is doing either when its sending these triggers...

Comment

This error is typically caused by the page attemping to do a get request without first logging in to the web server.

Comment

Can the camera run an app? If so put together a .vbs file to trigger the events.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  Can you post the model no or a link to the manual? Not sure whats causing the issue but don't know exactly what the camera is doing either when its sending these triggers...
                  This is a Panasonic BL-C160A. After probing around the web it appears that the correct format is to include the "GET" keyword in the path, i.e. on the HTTP notification setup page on the camera:

Host Name: e.g. "myserver"
                  Port No: e.g. "80"
                  Login ID: e.g. "foo"
                  Passwork: e.g. "***"
                  File Path: "GET /test.asp?ID=1"

(without the "" of course when entering into the actual dialog box)

All up and running now, thanks.

Nick.

Comment

Hi Nick,
                    I am interested in setting up HTTP notification from my panasonic camera as well.
                    I am having trouble understanding the configuration of the file path. Can you provide any further info or show a sample file path that works?
                    Thanks much
                    Jono

Comment

Most of the steps are pretty much in the thread. To summarize:

1). Create a webpage (e.g. the test.asp mentioned above) that is the target of the HTTP notification. Place this in the HomeSeer program folder under the /html directory.

2). Create an HTTP notification in your camera with the correct parameters:
                      Host Name: e.g. "myserver" << pathname to your homeseer computer
                      Port No: e.g. "80" << port that homeseer uses
                      Login ID: e.g. "foo" << if you have access control in homeseer
                      Passwork: e.g. "***" << ditto
                      File Path: "GET /test.asp?ID=1" << this is the file you placed in your /html directory in Step1.

3). Create the appropriate event in HomeSeer. If you copied the example exactly, this would be "Event #1".

That should be it ...

Comment

Thank you. I got around to implementing this today and it works great. Thanks for helping an http novice!

Comment

Working...
                        X