No announcement yet.

HS Service stopped and won't restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like it's time for a rebuild and reload.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok It was not fun but it's done. Now how should I be backing up HS. Should I just backup the hs folder, or is there a backup option?

Comment

Is there really nobody backing up hs?

Comment

I use BackeRupp to backup the entire folder HomeSeer every night. BackeRupp is available in the scripts library.

Comment

Same Symptoms here..

Just found this thread - I have the same symptoms.. Rupp mentioned "rebuild and reload".. what is the best process for this..?? I tried uninstall and reinstall but I have the same issue with the event log being empty and all the buttons greyed out..

Comment

Originally posted by pogle View Post
              Just found this thread - I have the same symptoms.. Rupp mentioned "rebuild and reload".. what is the best process for this..?? I tried uninstall and reinstall but I have the same issue with the event log being empty and all the buttons greyed out..
              This sounds like a licensing issue. See the other thread for info.

Comment

if anyone else comes here via a search for a similar problem - i had a similar problem. only thing that was out of the ordinary was a Windows Update that included several .NET fixes, one of which failed on the first attempt and then succeeded on the next.

i was only able to fix my installation by:
                - uninstalling HS
                - uninstalling each .NET (starting with the highest #)
                - cleaning the registry of all homeseer, hs2, hspro references
                - cleaning the registry with a registry cleaner
                - installing .NET 3.5 latest SP
                - installing HS

sigh.

Comment

Working...
                X