EcoSmart A19 Dimmable LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EcoSmart A19 Dimmable LED

I found one of these http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ecosmar...b-e-39632.html at Home Depot for $18 and decided to give it a try on various Intermatic Z-Wave switches.

It switches on and off satisfactorily using the HA02 appliance module.

It switches on and off satisfactorily using the HA18 in-wall light switch (unlike a CFL which flickers on and off when it should be off). It was tested as the single load in a 3-way circuit.

It dims satisfactorily using the HA03 lamp module.

It does NOT dim correctly when using a HA14 in-wall light dimmer switch if it is the only load in the circuit (the HA14 does state that a minimum of 40 watts is required). With the HA14 'off', the LED bulb was full on. When a 30 watt miniature flood was added to the load, the LED did dim correctly. The LED is listed at 9 watts, so 3-4 LED bulbs in the circuit should meet the requirement but I did not test this.

The physical design of this bulb makes it suitable for ceiling cans. It would seem that non dimmed cans using an HA18 would be the best use of this particular bulb. YMMV.

Mark

23-Dec-2010 : I bought another of these bulbs so I could replace the bulbs in a pair of vanity mirror ceiling cans. I repeated the test with the HA14 in-wall dimmer, 2 of these bulbs is still insufficient to meet the minimum wattage requirement (I was hoping the stated 40 watt minimum was conservative).
    Last edited by Mark42; December 23, 2010, 01:15 PM. Reason: Add new information

If you are registered on CT, can you please add the location of this Home Depot to the LED bulb options thread? That bulb is discussed in detail, but this is the first I hear about this bulb being this cheap outside MA.
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I have posted in CT as requested. The Home Depot in question is in East Hanover NJ (near Morristown). I was there several weeks ago and all the dimmable LED bulbs were too expensive to take a flyer on. I suspect this bulb has only been made available in the last couple of weeks.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X