AN158 plugin module problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AN158 plugin module problem.

Hi Iv`e got an AN158 plugin module an want to trigger an event from the value change in the Electric Meter.
    I have set it up just like I have done with my temp sensor but the event does not trigger when the value change.

Is there a trick I don`t know about?

Thanks
    Knekk

I Have the same problem.

I want to use it to turn my tv set off when the power consumtion is under 20W (standby is 11W in status value is standing 110) I put in; Value is :Less than, Value: 200.

then as action of cource tv off.

but nothing happens.

Comment

HomeSeer stores the values as an integer so the value may need to be 2000. The best way to see what a device really stores in it's deviceValue is to use a script like this in the Control link > Immediate Script Command
      text box.
      &hs.writelog "info", hs.deviceValue("A1")
      Substituting A1 for your device.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

thank you for the quick response this solved my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphie View Post
          thank you for the quick response this solved my problem.
          So what did you do so future looks at this question might help the next guy out.

Comment

I found out it dit not solve my problem , i checked my log and a little before a ir command shut my stereo off ......

in the log file i see this.

Device: Begane grond woonkamer Stereo Meubel E Meter Watts value set to 400 (4 Watts)

before it was:
            Device: Begane grond woonkamer Stereo Meubel E Meter Watts value set to 6600 (66 Watts)
            Apply Conditions

Edit Device Value Change Trigger

Device:
            Woonkamer Stereo Meubel E Meter Watts
            Value is:
            Than Less
            Value:1000
            (Use FROM...TO (ie:0...30) for a Range)

SIZE=2]but no reaction from homeseer.[/SIZE]

I found out an other thing.
            I have to poll to see the KWH uses every time ,it does not update automaticly, and if I reset the timer it resets it in the N158 but its last change status in HS is staying on never set. is this a bug or must I somehow turn this function on?
            Last edited by ralphie; January 3, 2011, 03:50 AM.

Comment

What I don`t understad is why the Homeseer can trigger based on value change (the temp) fom my multisensor and not from the 158 plug in.....

Knekk

I found out it dit not solve my problem , i checked my log and a little before a ir command shut my stereo off ......

in the log file i see this.

Device: Begane grond woonkamer Stereo Meubel E Meter Watts value set to 400 (4 Watts)

before it was:
              Device: Begane grond woonkamer Stereo Meubel E Meter Watts value set to 6600 (66 Watts)
              Apply Conditions

Edit Device Value Change Trigger

Device:
              Woonkamer Stereo Meubel E Meter Watts
              Value is:
              Than Less
              Value:1000
              (Use FROM...TO (ie:0...30) for a Range)

SIZE=2]but no reaction from homeseer.[/size]

I found out an other thing.
              I have to poll to see the KWH uses every time ,it does not update automaticly, and if I reset the timer it resets it in the N158 but its last change status in HS is staying on never set. is this a bug or must I somehow turn this function on?

Comment

it must be a bug in the homeseer n158 plugin. on the domoticaforum.eu are a lot of people with the same problem.

Comment

it must be a bug in the homeseer n158 plugin. on the domoticaforum.eu are a lot of people with the same problem.
                  What is the n158 plugin?

If you print the deviceValue to the HS log file what shows for the value?

Comment

I dont mean a real external plugin but the HS internal ZWave plugin.

the print of the log is standing in the post above.

all other zwave devices are working on value changes only the N158 not and the value's are right. also I have to poll to see the the aqtual KWH and the reset value does not show. it must be a software failure or not??

all the peaple that I apeak to and have the same device have the same problem.

Comment

Here's a review of this device by a Dutch user.
                      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144217

If these are anything like the new Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch (Aeon Labs)
                      they will not work properly due to some internal software issues that Rick is working with the manufacture to correct.

Comment

Take a look at this tread. http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5853

This guy Superhuub have found a way around our value problem witch I can confirm works.

Knekk

Comment

Working...
                        X