Web server setup issues - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web server setup issues - Fixed!

I'm stumped on this issue. I have run HS for many years and never had a problem setting up the server on the box and configuring the router for remote access. But my PC finally died so I started over with a fresh build. I'm running on XP pro with all the latest updates. I did a fresh install of HS2 and it's up and running without problems. So then I went to setup the server side. I started off on port 8080 since I have plans to install apache for my family domain site (That I can't get to work either!). I changed the settings on my router for port forwarding and that would not work. I have even changed routers since the old one was dropping connections and that didn't work. The one thing that is different with this setup is it's through a wireless connection instead of a wired connection? I have setup the router with port forwarding and tried both 80 and 8080 ports. I thought that windows may be stopping me so I went to the firewall settings and allowed both ports access. What else can I do? I only get access on the local box and no one else on the network can hit it? I use remote desktop to work on the box so I know the connection works.

Any suggestions?

Are you running any antivirus software that may be blocking access?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp that was it. Never had a problem before so now I need to see what I have done different?

Comment

Working...
      X