Basic IR Control setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic IR Control setup question

I'm fairly new to Homeseer and am still exploring the various features that it has and the interface. I'm thinking about setting it up to control my multi-room home theater setup, but want to look at the interface that it uses to set things up. I see in the help that there are supposed to be screens for setting up the codes and such, but I can't find any button or link to IR anywhere on the "Setup" tab. Am I missing something? Is there someplace that I have to go or some particular interface that I have to install first?

Thanks!

Wayne

Wayne,
    The IR signals page isn't shown by default but you can look at the IR signals page by selecting Setup > Web Site tab. Then find the Infrared Signals drop down and select to show that. This interface may or my not be used though depending on which IR device you choose. The bottom line is no matter which IR interface you go with, once the commands are learned they show up as a new action in the events.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, I enabled the "Infrared Signals" drop down in the Web Site tab and saved. I still don't see any button showing up. Is it supposed to start displaying a button on the top level that says IR or something?

Wayne

Comment

I just checked and it does require that an IR interface be selected via the setup > interfaces tab to show the screen. You can enable the Ocelot plugins IR column to see what this page looks like but as I said earlier most IR plugins have a different screen to learn the IR commands.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X