UPB in Event acting weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB in Event acting weird

I am slowly converting my X10 devices to UPB.

However, I ran accross a dtrange behavior

I have a Lamp Module that is set to come on each night at 9pm.

Put it in an event, hit "TEST" and it comes on fine...

UPDATE it, go out to the Events page and RUn the Event...

and it Sends a Deactivate, and Activate, and another Deactivate...

WHAT ????

I go in check the event, test only sends the single command, but when I RUN the event, it sends the three commands.

I have another computer running Upstart in Monitor mode and it saw this on RUN
    2,01/20/2011 14:15:56,1/1,96,Deactivate,255,,,-1,Unit 002 - Master Bed - Fan,Preset 01,
    2,01/20/2011 14:15:57,1/1,96,Activate,255,,,-1,Unit 002 - Master Bed - Fan,Preset 01,
    2,01/20/2011 14:15:57,1/1,96,Deactivate,255,,,-1,Unit 002 - Master Bed - Fan,Preset 01,

on just a TEST it saw

2,01/20/2011 14:17:11,1/1,96,Activate,255,,,-1,Unit 002 - Master Bed - Fan,Preset 01,

The Home Seer Log shows

1/20/2011 2:17:38 PM Event Event Trigger "MBedroon Fan" 1/20/2011 2:17:38 PM Device Control Device: UPB Device Link MasterBed Fan (\11) Value set to 2 1/20/2011 2:17:38 PM Event Event Trigger "MBedroon Fan" 1/20/2011 2:17:38 PM Device Control Device: UPB Device Link MasterBed Fan (\11) Value set to 1 1/20/2011 2:17:38 PM Event Event Trigger "MBedroon Fan" 1/20/2011 2:17:38 PM Device Control Device: UPB Device Link MasterBed Fan (\11) Value set to 2 1/20/2011 2:17:56 PM Device Control Device: UPB Device Link MasterBed Fan (\11) Value set to 1

I don't know how to post the event...but I have rebuilt it several times...

What is going on ???

I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, but did you try the "do not re-trigger event for ___ seconds" or whatever that is?

are there any other events that are getting triggered by that event? (like a change status trigger or something). Maybe the lamp module is set to receive certain links that it shouldn't? also, if nothing else, maybe try deleting and recreating the event?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I'm curious as to what version of the UPB plug-in you're using. I'm running the beta version 1.0.4.28938 right now and while I don't see that particular error I do have an oddity that happens on occasion where a link is triggered and I get a message in the log that a device may be offline. The weird thing is that link has nothing to do with the device that it says is offline. I believe Oman is still looking for the problem, at least I hope he is since this one expires in march.
      Last edited by nightwalker; January 22, 2011, 11:01 AM.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

can you screen capture your event?

Are there any events that are set to work based on the device change of the UPB device link?

Remember, with UPB, since there are LINKS and devices, a link change OR device change will cause a link AND device to change status.

I had to account for this to get my "slow-doubletap" to work properly. That is, tap off tap off and a link unrelated gets sent.

The tap off will cause a device change on BOTH the link and the device, which can really mess you up.

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I have not figure out how to post pictures yet, but I will try...

This is a really simple event..turn a fan on at 9pm. I use a link, rather than the device so I can have it show up on different controllers...

There are no events that trigger on state changes (yet) and there is nothing in the log that says another event has been triggered...

It works fine In "TEST" but does the weird "off...on..off" when triggered via "Run" and the OFF is not even part of the event??

Attached Files

Comment

2nd try

upb2.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

Your pictures are going the wrong way, bigger, bigger.

That's weird, your resolution seems to be fine, in fact it's rather large. i wonder if the forum is shrinking it down a bit. Usually I upload a pic at 800x600 and it's nicely visable.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I uploaded a nice big PNG image and it compressed the smack out of it....

How do I paste the picture directly in?? I asks for a URL not a location on my drive...

Comment

Originally posted by rsisson View Post
                  I uploaded a nice big PNG image and it compressed the smack out of it....

How do I paste the picture directly in?? I asks for a URL not a location on my drive...
                  Maybe it's the png image, generally i upload a jpg.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

try this link

http://www.inspectionsbybob.com/broc...wnload/96-upb2

It is the UPB2 Document...

It is Full res, so you can zoom it once you open it..

Comment

that works just fine. it's just not the upb thing, it's bob's inspections
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

Working...
                      X