Kwikset Lock Device Value Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset Lock Device Value Change

So I've finally made the leap to Z-Wave. So far so good! Installed a Kwikset door lock and it's working well with HomeSeer!

Now I'd like to run a script whenever the door alarm value changes to ANY. Unlike other devices, there is no ANY choice for device value change.

Ultimately my script will read the device string of the door alarm and email/process. But I don't see a way to create a single event that will trigger when the door alarm changes state (either by status, string, or value change).

So right now I can only imagine that I have to create something like 18 different events to trigger on all device value possibilities that I'm interesting in tracking.

There must be an easier way!
    Mike

What do you mean by "ANY"?

Create an event and in the trigger tab select Device STATUS change "Not Device VALUE Change" from the Current Trigger Type pull down.

THen down below in the: Edit Device Status Change Trigger
    Choose the "Alarm" for your divice.
    Then choose: "Set Any Status" from the slector and you should be good. Now any time the status changes, the even triggers.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

What I failed to mention is that I tried exactly that first. Unfortunately a device status change will not trigger when the lock alarm updates, so I had resorted to the device value change trigger. The device value change trigger will not offer an option to trigger on an ANY VALUE device value change (sounds redundant I know).
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
        What I failed to mention is that I tried exactly that first. Unfortunately a device status change will not trigger when the lock alarm updates, so I had resorted to the device value change trigger. The device value change trigger will not offer an option to trigger on an ANY VALUE device value change (sounds redundant I know).
        That is odd...

My lock does trigger correctly using the post I sent up...

I have it set to control my lights in the entry if the lock is opened during night time (between sunset and sunrise). If I unlock via the lever, code or Z-wave... it works for me...

Sorry could not help further...
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Thanks for the help anyway Dafunktyfunk. After your first reply I went back and double-checked and confirmed a device status change of the lock alarm device does not trigger an event when the lock alarm changes status. So I created a really ugly workaround using all of the device values that I was interested in, but it works:
          Attached Files
          Mike

Comment

Did you try using the "Z-Wave Door Lock" device instead of the "Z-Wave Alarm" device. If that trigger would work for you, you could still read the value of the alarm device to get that string.
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
              Did you try using the "Z-Wave Door Lock" device instead of the "Z-Wave Alarm" device. If that trigger would work for you, you could still read the value of the alarm device to get that string.
              Such a simple solution and it works! Thanks much!! I wonder though if alarm conditions like "Auto Lock INCOMPLETE" and "Low Battery" will be missed because the lock device doesn't update during these events?
              Mike

Comment

I suspect that you would miss a few of those like you mention that are not related to the lock actually locking or unlocking. Perhaps you could make a few more events for those specific ones. The ones that would be really tough are the ones that are by user code since there are so many. I think that only ones of this type that would not be covered are the scheduled access one and the programmed/deleted ones. I don't think the scheduled ones are support yet. I am guessing the the program/delete states are not a big deal since those are big deal since they are typically a one time setup thing.

It does seem like an issue that there is not a way to capture ANY change, however. What I bring up I think of a just a work-around.
                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                Web Site
                YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                X