Change default sound card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change default sound card

Anyone have a script that will change the default sound card?

I am running Win 7 x64 and have 2 sound cards installed. I use the default sound card for announcements and general stuff. The 2nd sound card is for my home theater. Now that a number of broadcast are on the internet (ESPN3 as an example), I'd like to be able to switch the default card when I load Firefox to utilize the home theater system. I can do this manually and make the switch thru the sound properties in control panel, but it sure would be nice if there was a way to automate it.

Thanks

I remember seeing a script from a long time ago that did this via the registry but I couldn't locate it. Might be worth a search to see if you can locate it.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
      Anyone have a script that will change the default sound card?
      Did you manage to find a way to script a change in the default sound card?

Simon

Comment

Unfortunately no...

Comment

After looking into this extensively for Windows 7 / Vista, it appears that the ability to set the default sound card has been removed by Microsoft. There were a couple of C++ gurus that reversed engineered a .dll to accomplish this but the ability to do this has been complicated beyond the means of most programmer's.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X