Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing events after HS-Pro upgrade

Hey folks,
    I just updated my software from HS2 to HS2PRO. I got some bum information on the conversion process and help someone can help me through. I have managed to get almost everything up in running, but I can't find the events I created. Are they in the db? Can I recover them some how?

I recently logged another problem in the Ultra-ElkM1 plugin area, because an error started to pop up during the load of the Ultra-M1 plugin. Once the panel is active, the siren goes off. Very annoying. If anyone has ideas for this on, feel free to pop over to that thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147231

Yes, your devices and events are in the config database and there are 10 backups of the database in the config/backup directory if you can't find your original.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Yes, your devices and events are in the config database and there are 10 backups of the database in the config/backup directory if you can't find your original.
      Well Rupp... bummer dude. Apparently when following the simple instructions by Matt, it appears that the sequence of events caused a little disaster. As instructed, I download and installed the HSPRO software. I was told that everything would be peachy and my old configuration would be there automatically. I started the software and it complained that it couldn't find sample.mdb. When HS opened, I could find no traces of my last configuration. After I shutdown, I noticed that it put it in a new HSPRO directory. I looked on the forum to find instructions to move my old config to the new location. I copied all of the config folder (excluding the license directory) to the new HSPRO folder. Somewhere, somehow during this process or sequence of events, I lost my original dbs. Don't know how or if HSPRO is looking in the right directory any more. Other then losing my events, what else is in those tables?

Comment

HomeSeer will no over write these directories so they have to still exist. Look under your old folder (HomeSeer 2) and see if they are there. Also, and I know you do not want to here this now, you should be backing up your entire HomeSeer directory at least weekly. There are a couple of free back up utilities as well as windows backup. I user BackeRupp to backup my HomeSeer folder nightly and maintain 7 copies in case of these emergencies.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          HomeSeer will no over write these directories so they have to still exist. Look under your old folder (HomeSeer 2) and see if they are there. Also, and I know you do not want to here this now, you should be backing up your entire HomeSeer directory at least weekly. There are a couple of free back up utilities as well as windows backup. I user BackeRupp to backup my HomeSeer folder nightly and maintain 7 copies in case of these emergencies.
          Hey Rupp,
          Nice thought... but somehow they got overwritten. I still don't know how, but I have verified. I can recreate the events easily since I only had a handful since I am just getting started. So I will live to see another day... ;0)

Besides events, is there any other information I lost? I don't see anything yet missing... About backups, is it safe to copy the whole HSPRO directory?

Comment

Working...
          X