Garage Door Openers and Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Door Openers and Sensors

Has anyone tried to do anything with either the Craftsman 139.53965SRT door opener or the 139.53696 door monitor? These both have wireless interfaces and seem to be a natural for home automation.
    I would like to remotely close the door (in the middle of the night or when away from home) and I would like to know when I have left it open. The monitor has a wireless connection that tells me it is open. I have wireless remotes (in the cars, of course) which I can use to close (or open) the door. I would just like to put a smart connection between them.
    Thanks for any thoughts
    Todd

Most of us here use the larger magnets to monitor the door status and many of us use a contact closure device (X10 , Z-Wave or UPB ) to issue a close command IF you are sure the opening is clear. Do a search on garage door and you will get plenty of hits and ideas.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

Yea, I thought the "internal safety overrides" would work as well but these do not know the SUV is barely in the garage and the door support created a 20 inch gouge down the back of the rear door. Since then mine no longer automatically closes and I added a camera to look across the door before I close it via HomeSeer.

Comment

Comment

Rupp, I bet that was a little difficult to explain to the insurance company
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
              Rupp, I bet that was a little difficult to explain to the insurance company
              I didn't report it. I ate it and had it fixed. With two teenage drivers I avoid the insurance company at all costs.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of making an open only door opener feature, to mitigate the risk of closing on the car.

the main thing i want todo is use a remote in the car that can do several homeseer related tasks like unlocking the door disableing hte alarm etc but i don't want the system to close the door because of the errors you have mentioned.

with 2 relays i can make this happen.

I can't think of any risks of open only can you?

Raptor
                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  Hi Guys,

I was thinking of making an open only door opener feature, to mitigate the risk of closing on the car.

the main thing i want todo is use a remote in the car that can do several homeseer related tasks like unlocking the door disableing hte alarm etc but i don't want the system to close the door because of the errors you have mentioned.

with 2 relays i can make this happen.

I can't think of any risks of open only can you?

Raptor
                  No this should be any different from opening it now. I have a garage door monitor using magnets that triggers several events as well but I use the garage door remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    No this should be any different from opening it now. I have a garage door monitor using magnets that triggers several events as well but I use the garage door remote.
                    Yes, i thought about that too but wanted something other than a generic the garage door is open so unlock the house as that would be less secure. by using a custom remote that would mean it would only be triggered by the cars opening it.

Raptor
                    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                    X