How to designate a Global Cache iTach Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
    stopir is default. It is the first code for all devices. What I have found is after you add the codes. They do not appear until you restart HS. You can test the codes form the plugin page.
    I don't have to restart HS to get the codes to show. After an import and save, they are in the dropdown box on the Status page.

Originally posted by chewie View Post
    I suppose my question on the plugin is this: Does it actually do things differently or is it just a programmatically simpler way to setup the built in IR configuration?

Nothing at all wrong with that, as I have said many times the built in plugin is very convaluted and not easy to setup, but I am just curious.
    It doesn't operate with "Zones" (and that's an advantage in my opinion), it's just one device per output. Import of codes is also easier.

But in the end both plugins do the same: Send IR commands.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Thanks. I should have known to try a re-start. I'll give it a go.

Comment

I purchased the Ultragc plug-in, did a restart and everything started to work.

I did finally figure out that even though I am sending a different IR code to different units, I still have to name the events differently to avoid controlling multiple devices. In other words if I send an on/off command to a TV on Unit 1 with unit IP address of 115, the same command is sent to Unit 2 with IP address 120 unless I use different names for the events, i.e.

"TV on/off" for unit 115 v/s "TV 2 on/off" for unit 120

Once I renamed the events everything started working the way if should have. That is different than my previous experience with the BC4 units but not a big deal once I figured it out.

Everything working as expected now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X