Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone get this error?

Hi,
    I have two 2GIG thermostats. I'm not sure why sometime I get these errors below. I then optimize and etc. It seems to fix the problem for a day, then it comes back. Not sure what to do. It is not always the same thermostat that I have the problem with. I installed the C wire thinking that it was the problem but no resolutions either.
    Right now I have 4 Zwave devices all with Excellent signals.
    Aeon Labs

2 1st Floor Family Dimmer Switch Z-Wave 0:0:05 ACT 4450 H 3030 H True 2.48 (ZDK Version 5.02) App: 3.33 Excellent (3) 40.0Kbps Basic: SLAVE
    3 1st Floor Family Thermostat Family Room 0:1:00 1 H 1E H True
    (Beam 1000) 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 5.0 Excellent (3) 40.0Kbps Basic: ROUTING SLAVE
    Generic: THERMOSTAT
    4 1st Floor House Thermostat Main House 0:1:00 1 H 1E H True
    (Beam 1000) 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 5.0 Excellent (3) 40.0Kbps

Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 3 waited 6 seconds
    Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature. Node: 3

Thanks,
    Aldo

This "typically" indicates that the devices are on the fringe of communications. Can you move your controller to a more central location or add more nodes to enhance the mesh near and along the way to these controllers?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, you are always the best
      I have the aeon in the basement and the two thermostats upstairs. I have the Dimmer Switch Z-Wave located upstairs as well located at 25 feet from the Aeon. Should I purchase another switch, and what you recommend? Should the switch that I have helping in sending the Z-wave to the thermostats?
      Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

I can't seem to link that thermostat anymore, I moved the switch around in few places without success. Zwave can find the other thermostat that is far away from the controller but not this.

I moved away from X10, Insteon to Zwave thinking that it was more realible I guess it is the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
        Aldo

Comment

make sure your modules support beaming, I had the same issues till I added a couple of beaming modules to my network

Comment

Thanks. I purchased 2nd extra modules. In the meantime I had to reset the thermostat to get it working again.

Comment

Working...
            X