are there any cheap zwave temp sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are there any cheap zwave temp sensors

I would like to put temp sensors wired in each room. low voltage preferred anything like that.

If you're going wired and want cheap, the 1-Wire temp sensors are great. Do a search on TEMP08 or 1-wire...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

yeah, on that note...Zwave is wireless...

;-)
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
        yeah, on that note...Zwave is wireless...

;-)
        exactly why i went away from 1 wire... couldnt get waf approval to run the cables and make them pretty.. plus i couldnt get wires into the upper floors... oregon temps work oh too easy...
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

so do something like this

http://martybugs.net/electronics/tem...r/multiple.cgi

Comment

Yup - I would recommend the TEMP08 from Midon Design. Couple that with one of the plug-ins and you're set.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

ordered it up see how it goes.

Comment

Oregon wireless sensors work great for me... why not these?

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

you got a link and how do you read them into HS is there plugin or do i need to write a script

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                    exactly why i went away from 1 wire... couldnt get waf approval to run the cables and make them pretty.. plus i couldnt get wires into the upper floors... oregon temps work oh too easy...
                    Tele, are you dumping yout 1-wire stuff? I've been looking to get into it.

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by tt300zrcr View Post
                      you got a link and how do you read them into HS is there plugin or do i need to write a script
                      I use the ACRF-2 plugin myself. The RFXCOM plugin is also an option - since I already had the ACRF-2, it was all I needed - besides the RFXCOM receiver that is...

RObert
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The problem I have with the Oregon sensors is that when the battery dies you have to go through the process of adding a new code. This can be further problematic if there's more than one code that's being heard by RFXCOM's configuration screen. I'd like to see something like an Insteon device where the address is hard coded!

Just my 2 cents!
                        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Changing batteries in Oregon sensors isn't a problem as long as you change one at a time!
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                          X