unable to ping computer - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to ping computer - Fixed!

I can't ping my computer but I can rdp into it. What should I be looking at as the cause to this. I can access my homeseer webpage. I am trying to setup hstouch and it is not working. I'm thinking its because I cannot ping my computer.

Windows7 64bit
    linksys router

By default Windows firewall blocks ping requests, even from the local subnet. You can add a rule to windows firewall to allow ICMP.

Comment

Pinging is blocked by many routers. Have you port forwarded the HSTouch port via your router?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

forwarded port 10200 turned off firewall still wont connect, any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by comgle64 View Post
          forwarded port 10200 turned off firewall still wont connect, any other ideas?
          "Which" Windows 7 firewalls did you turn off? There are 3 best of my recollection.

Comment

I should clarify - see attached - they are "Profiles"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1162545

Comment

All three are off, with the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by comgle64 View Post
                All three are off, with the same results.
                When you try to ping, are you using the machine name, or the IP address?

Also - your router may have the ability to block (NAT sort of) other internal machines connected to it - I cannot think of the setting's name. Check your router settings for a feature that does this.

If you happen to have a dumb hub or switch around, hook both machines to it - now can you ping?

EDIT: You restarted your PC after having turned the other firewall profiles off?

Comment

ok I've got it working inside the network. But I am still unable to connect outside of the network, I have the right port forwarded I'm not sure where else to look, It's got to be something with the router right?

Comment

I've got it resolved. I feel like an idiot. I did not have the check box checked to enable the port.

Comment

Working...
                    X