CT30 Set Up Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT30 Set Up Problem

I bought 2 CT30 thermostats a few months ago. I installed one back then without a problem. Today, I tried to install the second one and I am having a great deal of difficulty. It appears to "mate," although the word "mate" tends to remain, and the word "Link" is present. However, when I import the device with my Z-Troller, I get the following:

"Found node 8. Retrieving class and manufacturer information from the node. Failed to get basic node information from new node 8, cannot continue to load this node."

Despite that statement, if I look under "Z-Wave Node Whom Am I?" it is listed at the bottom "Z-Wave node with no HomeSeer Device" and all the details about the device are there. It is not seen in the status for Z-Wave devices.

I have disconnected the power, battery, reset the device several times with the same result.

Troubleshooting suggestions are appreciated. Thanks,
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

When you load the new stat it has to be in range so that HomeSeer can scan it and get some additional information from the stat. How close is the stat to your Z-Troller?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp: Thanks. It is about 45 feet away. This may be the reason for the problem. Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Yes, that's a long way if it's not in direct line of site.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X