X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and thank you homeseer

Hello
    I spent my weekend on installation of several z-wave devices and HSPRO
    I had almost no issues and everything is working at the basic level. I do have many questions and hopefully i can be pointed in the right direction on where i should post those question in the correct forum

The good
    z-wave thermostat works great
    iphone hstouch works great (wifi local only)
    z-wave door lock works
    z-wave dimmer switches, plug in dimmer switches, etc working great!

the issues
    iphone hstouch - i need a dns server for access on the outside

on the hstouch-z-wave door lock- cant figure out why no unlock after code. i dont if i have the correct code but i tried several.

compact flourescent bulbs gotta go..need to replace with incadescent or find dimmable cf bulbs or other bulb

some of my ge dimmer switches show 100% but incadescent bulb is still dim

trying to build a touch screen monitor to hang on wall or carry around home. i have the hspro license but i do see how or where the build hstouch customizable interface screen..

will there be a interface for a GE Simon XT home alarm system?

and lastly but not the end

where can i see other hspro users systems to get ideas of creating scripts, cool project, timers, etc... for hspro to make my life easier.

thank you
    orlando

See below in red. I can help with some of your questions:

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
    Hello
    I spent my weekend on installation of several z-wave devices and HSPRO
    I had almost no issues and everything is working at the basic level. I do have many questions and hopefully i can be pointed in the right direction on where i should post those question in the correct forum

The good
    z-wave thermostat works great
    iphone hstouch works great (wifi local only)
    z-wave door lock works
    z-wave dimmer switches, plug in dimmer switches, etc working great!

the issues
    iphone hstouch - i need a dns server for access on the outside

Try to use www.dyndns.org. They have a free version too. This will let you do what you want. You will need a router that has this built in or a PC with the DNS software client on it. Most new DLink and Linksys routers do this.

on the hstouch-z-wave door lock- cant figure out why no unlock after code. i dont if i have the correct code but i tried several.

What do you mean? Are you saying you can't unlock the lock from HS touch? The default code is 1234 unless you change it.

compact flourescent bulbs gotta go..need to replace with incadescent or find dimmable cf bulbs or other bulb

Dimmable CFL's are very tricky. They also hum and get HOT. Go with LED or if you have to have dimmables, get the incandescents. Better hurry though. COngress just outlawed them!

some of my ge dimmer switches show 100% but incadescent bulb is still dim

Yep, this is a known issue. It is not HS is the way GE reports out.

trying to build a touch screen monitor to hang on wall or carry around home. i have the hspro license but i do see how or where the build hstouch customizable interface screen..

Well, I think you will find that is easier and cheaper to get a tablet like an iPad or the new Archos 101 android tablet.

In order to build your screens, you need to download the HS Designer software. It is here: http://www.homeseer.com/pub/SetupHSTouch_1_0_0_57.exe

will there be a interface for a GE Simon XT home alarm system?

and lastly but not the end

where can i see other hspro users systems to get ideas of creating scripts, cool project, timers, etc... for hspro to make my life easier.

There was a link in the HS Touch forums that had posts of what people have done. Check there...

thank you
    orlando
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Thx dafunktyfunk
      The code for the lock was 1234 and i was able to unlock/lock now thx. Wondering where that info was posted. Is this hspro default code?

I guessi need to readup on the hspro manual if there is one where can i download.

Thx for da help

Comment

I found out manually by someone telling me. If you have HSDesigner, you can DL the layout and it tells you there.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Good morning. I had dydns working fine. I was able to connect over iPhone from work for a couple days. Yesterday i was working on some zwave receptacles and turn off the breaker to the pc with homeseer and my routers

So now i havent been able to reconnect. I check everything and restarted everything also but just cant connect to hstouch over wan. I connect fine over wifi.

Comment

How do you have DynDNS running?

Router?
            PC? Which one?
            DSL or Cable?

please share as much as you can.

First, what I would do is I would got to: Whatismyip.com and write that IP down.

Next, I would log into your DynDNS account with the DynDNS provider and check to see what IP address it has for you

If they match, you have some other issues- if they don't, refresh your client.

Let's go from there and please let us know the status...

Comment

Dafunktyfunk

I got it. Late nite i didnt check the port forwarding, linksys router had the ip wrong. Need to look into changing my dynamics to statics.

Comment

What x10, insteon, or zwave device will give me a status when there is a contact closure in the NO or NC

Im trying to get the status alarm of my simon xt home alarm into homeseer. I have voltage from a couple of hardware i/o s of the system when armed. So i can used that to create a relay closure and then have homeseer to see that.

Comment

There are at least three ways using X10. A PowerFlash module will send an X10 power line signal in response to a contact closure. The most direct wireless way is to use a DS10A door/window sensor. You'd need to have a receiver like the WGL 800Rf and a plug-in line ACRF2 or RFXCOM. Another RF approach was discussed here.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Whell, you can go with this from X10
                    http://www.x10.com/pro/automation/pum01.htm

Or this from insteon
                    http://www.amazon.com/Linc-INSTEON-V.../dp/B001OLVLCK

or this for Zwave
                    www.fortrezz.com the WWA-01

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                      Whell, you can go with this from X10
                      http://www.x10.com/pro/automation/pum01.htm

Or this from insteon
                      http://www.amazon.com/Linc-INSTEON-V.../dp/B001OLVLCK

or this for Zwave
                      www.fortrezz.com the WWA-01
                      Unless I'm misunderstanding, I think the question was for modules that detect a contact closure. The first two devices above will generate a contact closure.
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Ah, yes... you are correct.

That does change things. Sorry, in that case you will want a water contact device. It detects contact closure.

Comment

a water contact device detect contact closure?

well what about a device that will detect small voltage, 5 volts dc?

Comment

Yep. The reason is that a water contact "detect" closure. When the contact gets wet, the contact closes and the module detects that.

Comment

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
                              a water contact device detect contact closure?

well what about a device that will detect small voltage, 5 volts dc?
                              You aren't very specific on what you are trying to do. How about a 5vdc relay to one of the above mentioned contact closure devices. Also, keep in mind that there are many digital I/O boards that you can interface to a computer if you prefer a hard-wired solution.
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X