No announcement yet.

Basic telephony setup eludes me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did a test. My Uniden cordless base will only see the W2C transmitted CID signal if the phone is off hook.

Here is the evolution over the years:
    1. People wanted phones not to ring until CID was available and then based on the address book could decide if they rang through.
    2. People discovered CID was not getting to their extension phone.
    3. HST made the CID repeater so the CID info would go to the phones after the original CID burst.
    4. The repeated CID burst made the telco (or Vonage) think you applied a 'flash hook'. That made your call switch to the incoming call without your intervention. (You're talking to mom and dad calls in. The repeated CID info caused the phone to think it was a 'flash hook' and before you knew it you were involuntarily talking to dad.)

It turned out to be a mess. Here's an example: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=122381

~Bill

Comment

Thanks for the history. I wasn't aware of the evolution. That's handy. And the thread too.

Am I to correct in thinking the newer firmware has fixed the problem mentioned in the thread? That HSPro had this disabled, and to enable add the two lines to my hsphone.ini:

enable_cid_name_generation=TRUE
      enable_message_waiting_led=TRUE

That when I receive a call, without my special script, the following should happen

On-Hook: Ring (VAC) -> W2C mutes CPE ->CID arrives -> W2C bridges Ring to CPE regenerating the CID info from the addressbook, displayed after 1st ring
      Off-Hook: Call-Waiting pulse with CID -> CPE displays CID info and Call Waiting beep
      On-Hook: W2C -> Local CID sent to CPE -> Nothing Happens

Thanks for the help.

ChriS

Comment

Originally posted by saundersc View Post
        ...newer firmware has fixed the problem mentioned in the thread? ...
        It did?

I don't get call waiting ID right now and my setup works just fine with CallerID onhook with all of my phones.

I would really like to get call waiting ID back again.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I reread the thread. I confused myself between HS and firmware halfway through the thread, sorry. Hence I was asking. But I guess not.

Comment

Working...
          X