Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitoring 6 temp locations

Hi All

Looking for a way to monitor 6 or more temperatures (indoors and out). I have an oregon scientific system, but that only has 3 channels. Looks like I can do something with RFXCOM or ACRF-2, but not sure about 6 sensors

Any suggestions?

Regards

Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
    USB UIRT
    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
    2GIG Thermostat
    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
    BLUPS
    UltraLog (SQL2008)
    Jon00 Plugins
    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
    Global Cache IP2IR
    Foscam FI8918W

I believe you can have up to 3 of the same TYPE of sensor on separate channels, then different types on separate channels. I know I have a mix of OS sensor types (6 total) and most of them work. I do have some collisions from time to time, but they generally work ok for my needs.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

well i have the thc-138's... had 10 of them on the same channel...
      then broke them up.. you can go more on the same channel but it will create collisions...

so theoretically.. you can do 2 per channel and be just fine....
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

THGR 810 supports up to 10 channels

I'm using the Oregon Scientific THGR810, and im pretty sure that they support up to 10 channels. (I know its at least 9) so this should solve your problem. I have six of these installed, plus several other weather sensors, and all is working well.. Sears seemed to have the best price on the THGR 810 the last time I checked. I should also mention I am doing this with Homeseer in conjunction with the RFXCOM receiver and plugin.

Comment

I use the RFXCom 433mhz Sensor. It supports up to 7 external sensors. I have 4 external sensors pluged into it. I use this with the Original ACRF Plug-in to control my ceiling fans on or off based on room temperature. Works very good. Have not upgraded to ACRF2 yet.

Comment

Working...
          X