Z-Wave Thermostat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostat Question

Recently my upstairs thermostat started sending errors to HomeSeer. I also can't control it anymore... I have not added any new devices or reworked any existing devices. I've been way to busy with baseball sign-ups to even notice there was an issue until today. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just delete it and readd it?

Thanks for any help...

Repeating errors in the log.
    2/28/2011 5:06:09 PM ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to and error retrieving the temperature.
    2/28/2011 5:05:49 PM ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: US Thermostat
    2/28/2011 5:05:49 PM ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedFanModes: Return was null
    Attached Files
    Billy Draper

I am running HS2 2.5.0.1 and have seen the same error.

In my experience, if you look in the system starts up log, you will likely see messages like the following:
    Error in GetSupportedModes for node 16: Return was null
    Error in GetSupportedFanModes for node 16: Return was null
    Error in GetSupportedSets for node 16: Return was null

My theory is that when HS2 starts up, if the thermostat plugin is unable to read all the information about a thermostat (like modes), then the plugin doesn't display the controls for that mode of operation. Why does HS2 fial to read the device ... likely an issue with HS2 2.5.0.1.

In addition to plugin not showing all the control elements, I have multiple thermostats and I see the "Family Room" thermostat displayed twice in the plugin ... the second instance replacing my "Living Room" thermostat in the plugin display. However, the "Living Room" thermostat is still shown in the Homeseer Status display.

After doing a couple of system reboots, I now have a case where the Homeseer Status display no longer shows the "Living Room" thermostat as a thermostat, but as only a root device and a temperature device.

I have not found a solution to fix the problem. Unfortunately I am away from my home so am only able to attempt things remotely. Here is what I have tried without success:
    - reboot computer and restart HS2
    - restored a saved network configuration to the zwave interface (Setup/Interface/manage/RestoreNetwork)
    - restarting the zwave interface
    - going into the thermostat device from the Status home screen and doing a "Rescan"
    - clicking the "Update" button within the thermostat plug-in

My bet is you will need to delete the device and re-add it.

It also has been suggested to upgrade to 2.5.0.5 ... but I see other messages that question the stability of this release, so beware.

Comment

FWIW. Here is how HS2 thermostat plugin is displaying my family room thermostat when it isn't able to initialize at startup. Note that the "Fam Rm" thermostat is displayed twice, and the second instance replaces what would normally be my "Living Rm" instance:

Comment

Originally posted by efrey View Post
        FWIW. Here is how HS2 thermostat plugin is displaying my family room thermostat when it isn't able to initialize at startup. Note that the "Fam Rm" thermostat is displayed twice, and the second instance replaces what would normally be my "Living Rm" instance:

This is supposed to be fixed in the latest beta of HomeSeer.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I cannot delete the thermostat from my z-troller. What exaclty is the process from removing it?

Here is what I am doing, on the therm main menu, select Z-Wave Install, then Remove Z-Wave Thermostat from Network Yes... On the Z-troller press delete...

The device never deletes... any ideas?

Thanks
          Billy Draper

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
            I cannot delete the thermostat from my z-troller. What exaclty is the process from removing it?

Here is what I am doing, on the therm main menu, select Z-Wave Install, then Remove Z-Wave Thermostat from Network Yes... On the Z-troller press delete...

The device never deletes... any ideas?

Thanks
            Are you in fairly close proximity to the thermostat with the Z-Troller? It has to be something like "less than 2ft" or something...
            HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
            68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
            UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
            Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

I have one stat that does this periodically, the fix I have found is to hit the reset button on the stat itself. Thi sized to happen every couple days when I only had a couple zwave devices. I have since added about 8 more devices and the problem has not gone away, but only happens every couple weeks.

I am probably going to try put in a help desk call on it, as I have another one that has had zero issues since day one.
              HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Working...
              X