Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless security systems.

Guys,
    I have a friend who's house was recently broken into and he's asking me about a good wireless security system that he can install him self and will interface with HomeSeer. Are there any "good" wireless systems that interface?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I use the CaddX system, pretty cheap, easy to install and supports wired or wireless, also has a free plug-in. The jvcaddx forum could lead you to supported model numbers.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Will this interface WIRELESSLY with Homeseer?

I have an old outdated wired Caddx system that I would like to replace with one the will utilize the existing hard wired door switches. In a perfect world, I would like to be able to add the DS-10 switches I use on the windows and include a couple X-10 motion detectors. Then have the alarm wireless interface to Homeseer box that is on the other side of the house.

Is there such a system?

Comment

I use an ELK panel with the ethernet module to HS integration. This then connects to a DD-WRT based firmware router to create a wireless bridge between the panel and the HS box.

As far as alarm sensors, I use the wireless Elk module and Caddx wireless sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
          Will this interface WIRELESSLY with Homeseer?
          What model of caddx do you have? The systems is old but surprisingly nimble/flexible. They do sell wireless modules and you can add wireless sensors, key fob's, freeze sensors, water sensors, etc.

The DS10a use a different frequency that most alarm systems and I would be surprised to find any other than x10 that would interface with.

There are many interfaces (plugins) of alarm systems to Homeseer some free some not.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

old - Caddx Ranger 8800

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
              old - Caddx Ranger 8800
              Yeah! That won't work as far as I know. Time to look at your options.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

ill throw the concord 4 system by ge back out there....

96 wireless zones are supported and tons of other stuff.. i like it alot... and piperpilot's free plugin (in works) has many features working and really like it...

the only things wired are keypad and speaker.... everything i have is wireless....
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

A standard DSC panel will allow up to 32 wireless zones. You do have to wire the keypad and siren but beyond that it's all wireless and the plug-ins for it shouldn't know the difference.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                  Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                  X